Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So What Do We Have Here !

10mmdave

If it is a 625 then most likely 45 ACP

With the shortened cylinder and being a 625 I'll have to go along with it being a 45 ACP,

kinda doubt it's a 45 Colt hence the short cylinder.

Maybe S&W PC folks had a bunch of those shorty cylinders lying around and thought......

"Hey !! if we turn the shoulder of the std barrel back, put a fancy useless angle at the muzzle,

blacken the trigger and hammer parts, put JM's signature grips on it, we charge twice as

much for it" :D:P:D

Okay okay, I'll go away now.

Well, let's see...the "Good News" is that it is a five-inch gun that'll take the "Classic" front sights, and it says "Performance Center" on it...bad news is, it probably needs a "Real" Action Job, it costs half again as much as a "eEgular Production" 625, AND it has a "Non-Standard" Barrel configuration, at least at the muzzle end...Make it in 10mm, I'd buy one...no thanks as a .45 ACP!!!....mikey357

Well, let's see...the "Good News" is that it is a five-inch gun that'll take the "Classic" front sights, and it says "Performance Center" on it...bad news is, it probably needs a "Real" Action Job, it costs half again as much as a "eEgular Production" 625, AND it has a "Non-Standard" Barrel configuration, at least at the muzzle end...Make it in 10mm, I'd buy one...no thanks as a .45 ACP!!!....mikey357

Make an 8 shot 9mm with a barrel twisted correctly and I'll buy that :lol:

<snip>AND it has a "Non-Standard" Barrel configuration, at least at the muzzle end...Make it in 10mm, I'd buy one...no thanks as a .45 ACP!!!....mikey357

So is this really considered "non-standard" ??

Since it's offered from S&W (yes the PC dept. but still S&W) I would think it would be legal.

There's probably 200-300 of them, about the min. qty. for a Lew/Bangers run.

Course then again Mikey, I'm not sure which game you mean, USPSA or ICORE.

And I'm wit ya on the 10mm deal :D