Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Impressions

Merlin Orr

The front strap appears to be just like the rest of the RIA/Armscor/Charles Daly guns. I like the way the Armscor guns feel. They have an identical feel to the old Colts. The Taurus has that same "blocky" front strap that the older Springfields had.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin Note:

I went through this closed thread and cleaned out about half the posts*. We ought to have a thread open on this new gun. But, I just can't believe the back and forth "stuff" that has been posted on Brian's Forum.

Folks, this isn't Glock Talk. If you are coming to this forum to win arguments or bitch about products or rules...YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.

Here, we do our best to talk to each other respectfully. The goal of this whole forum is to help ourselves (and each other) shoot better.

With that in mind, I'm going to open this thread back up. Please note, the thread is titled "First Impressions". So, if you haven't touched this gun...you don't have a first impression. (Need I say more?)

* if you had a post removed, it may just have been removed because it didn't make sense after the bickering was removed...your post may not have been a problem at all.

I'll have to wait until after February '07 for my first impression.

A question, I read somwhere here that the Spartan barrel is chromed. Does it make a big difference vs having a steel or SS barrel?

Edited to thanks Flex for cleaning this up and reopening it. "Gracias Flexo".

Edited by Nemo

Folks, this isn't Glock Talk.

I really like that, thank you. And I'm a fugitive from GT. It has gotten to the point that almost any post or reply is met with rude or ignorant behavior.

Rik

Thanks for Reopening!

Like Nemo, I'll have a first Shooting Impression in Feb 07, when I get my gun and NEMO's.

One thing, the gun has gone up in Price, $25. IMHO still a good deal.

I'll get to touch it at SHOT Show.

I'll do a Photo Shoot with my gun as soon as I get it, along with a good Article Style Test & Evaluation with reloads and some factory Ammo.

I'll include Pictures, Photos of targets and my Test Rig, most likely the new Caldwell Ramson Knock-Off Test Rig.

Be on the Lookout for it.

I really like that, thank you. And I'm a fugitive from GT. It has gotten to the point that almost any post or reply is met with rude or ignorant behavior.

Rik

Thanks, although the moderators at times get accused of being heavyhanded, we try to make this place a pleasant place to visit, without the bickering and rude attitudes prevalent on other discussion boards.

Rik

Thanks, although the moderators at times get accused of being heavyhanded, we try to make this place a pleasant place to visit, without the bickering and rude attitudes prevalent on other discussion boards.

If you guys really want to experience the bickering and childish name calling in all its glory, you need to visit the 1911 board on ar15.com.

Glad to see this thread is open again. Anybody got anything new to report on the Spartan? I was hoping to see Thunder Mountain at the gunshow today but he didn't make it. And I had all this cash with me...

Merlin: I think Bruce and I are going to Pharr as well. I still don't know what I will be shooting though. I hope the 40 barrel gets here soon if not 45 or 9? Your pistol looks good with the tape and magwell. I thought you would have checkered the front strap with 20lpi. Have a good shoot Sunday, I will be out of town for it. Thanks Eric

As soon as I get mine (Rabbit are you listening), I'm doing the Complete Test and Evaluation and I'll write a little article complete with Studio and location Photos for Front Sight.

When I finish, I might consider doing something to it!! I might just put a nice set of VZ Grips and Stipple the Front Strap:D

i wonder how much will be added to the base price of the pistol if they have the finish blued instead of being parkerized. hmmm...

Really? Wouldn't that just wear off in a day or two of dry-firing anyway?

flex: huh? what will wear off? the parkerized finish or the blue finish? Is a phosphate finish more durable than blueing? And is it more expensive than blueing?

I have a parkerized 1911 like that on the spartan which has worn off around the trigger guard, front of the slide and front strap from dry firing and range use. The parkerized texture is gritty.

I also have a blued 1911 pistol with roughly the same handling and range time but the finish on the high stress areas has held up way better than the parkerized finish.

:)

Appears to be an SVI product.

SVI

$136 for a Magwell?????

EXCUUUUUSE ME!!!!

The S&A is only $50 and works great!! HTe STI one is around the same price and you can take the well off and leave the MSH on!! And both the S&A and the STI fir on the IDPS Box.

Appears to be an SVI product.

SVI

$136 for a Magwell?????

EXCUUUUUSE ME!!!!

The S&A is only $50 and works great!! HTe STI one is around the same price and you can take the well off and leave the MSH on!! And both the S&A and the STI fir on the IDPS Box.

2K for a Nikon lens...!!!??? My Canon S2 works great, costs $400.00 and I can post the pictures same as the Nikon... :P:lol::D

$136 for a Magwell?????

EXCUUUUUSE ME!!!!

2K for a Nikon lens...!!!??? My Canon S2 works great, costs $400.00 and I can post the pictures same as the Nikon... :P:lol::D

:lol:

Point taken :lol:

But there's now way that your S2 is as BIG as my D2X :wacko:

Size DOES MATTER!! :lol:

Mine is bigger than yours!!

Back on Topic, is this SV Magwell worth the extra cash??

Is it going to turn me into a GM ?? Or Am I going to have to put in the same amount of Practice with either Magwell to get my GM Card?? :blink: