Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 105 Cti

jbullgpd

I'm sure most of you have gotten this months American Rifleman mag and seen the article on Remmy's new 105 CTi shotgun. Well what do you think. Short of available accessories, which I don't know if regular tubes and such fit on it, it looks pretty darn cool. But putting the cool factor aside, ya think it will give the 1100 and 11-87 a run for its money for a 3 gun shotgun or is it just bling bling and will fall to the way side. I would think left handers would definitely be interested in bottom eject. Well discuss!!!!!!!!!!! I'm interested to hear opinions.

As was said, it's 1399.

Unless someone can convince me that it's more than twice as good as an 11-87, I'm not about to shell out that kind of money.

Recoil reduction is nice, but 300 rounds of 12 gauge in a day isn't that big a deal with an 11-87 anyways.

And the new carbon fiber receiver is going to have to prove it's going to hold up.

Remington's got a problem here; they've got to convince people who've been shooting the 1100/11-87 platform for ages that there's a reason to try it.

• 1 month later...

Handled one at the SHOT Show and got to try reloading. It's got an auto load feature like the Browning. The down side is there is nothing to keep the shell lined up with the tube. Basically you have to line the front of the shell up with the tube with no point of reference. I really didn't like it. They said that it will take extended mag tubes. Shoulda seen the look they gave me when I talked about it for 3-Gun. Guessing the trap and skeet crowd don't have a lot of use for a 22" bbl gun with an 8 round tube.