Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area7/aware - 2007

This is correct - one match is both this year.

The Metro East section was offered the Area 7 Championship, as they were the next in the rotation. Their section coordinator checked with the members, and declined the offer on behalf of the section.

I did not detect a strong desire from clubs in other sections to take over the Area 7, and our friends in the north had already stepped forward to make it clear they were interested if an opportunity presented itself.

I have every confidence that Scott Chapman, Ed Boadway and his band of merry men and women will put on a great match. The match will have the same on-line squadding procedure used for the 2006 match, and virutally instantaneous Palm-scored match results (with a paper reciept of your hits and time).

Rob

I'm gonna have to get on the CB to my fellow truckers and have you guys, um, "detoured" from the match this year so the rest of us have a chance ;)...

..and what do you mean he'll never see them? He'll at least have them in the same vehicle for the ride home- I'll never even get to breathe near them :) or so you hope :P

I'm gonna have to get on the CB to my fellow truckers and have you guys, um, "detoured" from the match this year so the rest of us have a chance ;)...

..and what do you mean he'll never see them? He'll at least have them in the same vehicle for the ride home- I'll never even get to breathe near them :) or so you hope :P

Nope, sorry Mooney but even I could find the range on my own if I had to :)

(I'm one of those "directionally challenged" folks)

And you'll be getting closer to one of them plaques next year, who know's, the way revo

division is working these days we might have a lot more competition :o

Three of us from New Brunswick CANADA are planning to attend this year. Is there any KOA Camppgrounds in the vacinity?

There's got to be some form of camping area close by. 2006 was my 1st year so I can't say

for sure. Maybe time for a google search ??

Aware was a great match last year. I am looking forward to making it up again. Nice family destination as well. There are things to do besides shoot. Makes it nice to bring wife and daughter.

Just need to steer clear of the Alpine Slide, cost me near $200 last year!

Jim

• 1 month later...
Three of us from New Brunswick CANADA are planning to attend this year. Is there any KOA Camppgrounds in the vacinity?

A quick seark of the KOA site did not turn up anything close. There are however camp grounds nearby as some friends stayed there last year and were very happy.

Come on down for the first ever AWAREA 7 Championship! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Metro East section was offered the Area 7 Championship, as they were the next in the rotation. Their section coordinator checked with the members, and declined the offer on behalf of the section.

I did not detect a strong desire from clubs in other sections to take over the Area 7, and our friends in the north had already stepped forward to make it clear they were interested if an opportunity presented itself.

I have every confidence that Scott Chapman, Ed Boadway and his band of merry men and women will put on a great match. The match will have the same on-line squadding procedure used for the 2006 match, and virutally instantaneous Palm-scored match results (with a paper reciept of your hits and time).

Rob

Rob

The AWARE match doesn't award plaques for Division, Class, Cateory winners (e.g

Production 'C' 2nd place, or Production Senior)...Now that this is the Area 7 Match...WILL THERE BE AWARDS???

A number of shooters have asked that question of Scott Chapman, and he doesn't want to respond. Will there be awards or not? Maybe the Area Director will make a statement.

Hello, folks.

Those of you who know me know that my involvement with the AWARE has been mostly in the capacity of a stage designer/builder, but I have heard some concerns about distribution of AWARE/Area 7 awards; I've discussed this with the match director and I can tell you this:

As you know, the AWARE is a charity match, and is run first and foremost to raise some money for a worthy cause. We had a few years where, after we had met our financial obligations to the AWARE organization, our budget was simply too tight to allow for trophies to be given out. We were and will continue to be as generous as we can with donated prizes; past winners know that we've given out guns as part of the random prize drawing for all competitors and often for division winners as well. The good news is that we've also learned from past experiences, paid off some one-time necessary expenses, and tightened our financial ship, and there WILL be awards shipped out for the 2006 AWARE match relatively soon. I don't know the exact awards schedule but I expect it will include division winners and first in class for each class that exceeds a minimum number of competitors. I can also guarantee that there will be a full slate of awards for the Area 7.

As those of you who come to our match every year can attest, we put on a first-rate shooting event, and if the prize table isn't always as big as at some of the ritzier venues, our location and atmosphere are first-rate and our stages are among the best you'll see anywhere. With the AWARE combined with the Area 7 this year, shooters can expect the usual quality with outstanding competition in every division. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Elye Alexander

Hello, folks.

Those of you who know me know that my involvement with the AWARE has been mostly in the capacity of a stage designer/builder, but I have heard some concerns about distribution of AWARE/Area 7 awards; I've discussed this with the match director and I can tell you this:

As you know, the AWARE is a charity match, and is run first and foremost to raise some money for a worthy cause. We had a few years where, after we had met our financial obligations to the AWARE organization, our budget was simply too tight to allow for trophies to be given out. We were and will continue to be as generous as we can with donated prizes; past winners know that we've given out guns as part of the random prize drawing for all competitors and often for division winners as well. The good news is that we've also learned from past experiences, paid off some one-time necessary expenses, and tightened our financial ship, and there WILL be awards shipped out for the 2006 AWARE match relatively soon. I don't know the exact awards schedule but I expect it will include division winners and first in class for each class that exceeds a minimum number of competitors. I can also guarantee that there will be a full slate of awards for the Area 7.

As those of you who come to our match every year can attest, we put on a first-rate shooting event, and if the prize table isn't always as big as at some of the ritzier venues, our location and atmosphere are first-rate and our stages are among the best you'll see anywhere. With the AWARE combined with the Area 7 this year, shooters can expect the usual quality with outstanding competition in every division. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Elye Alexander

:D Well thank you for the response. I have had a wonderful experience shooting the AWARE match in previous years. The staging, props and organization were WONDERFUL. I always highly recommended it to shooters.

My only displeasure was the lack of awards (not known at the time) when I did well enough to earn one. As an "Old Guy", I appreciate being able to score well enough in a match once and a while and appreciate that recognition. It seemed that when I, and others, approached the Match Director to ask about it for this year, he wouldn't respond . He still hasn't.

But now that this is also the Area 7 match, I (we) appreciate hearing that awards will be given to Division/Class winners. Thank you for that information.

I am sure this information will make a difference to some folks and I expect the 2007 match will be very well attended and a tremendous success.

Thanks again. We appreciate your hard work and creative talent. Good Job.

^_^

Hello, folks.

Elye Alexander

:D Well thank you for the response. I have had a wonderful experience shooting the AWARE match in previous years. The staging, props and organization were WONDERFUL. I always highly recommended it to shooters.

My only displeasure was the lack of awards (not known at the time) when I did well enough to earn one. As an "Old Guy", I appreciate being able to score well enough in a match once and a while and appreciate that recognition. It seemed that when I, and others, approached the Match Director to ask about it for this year, he wouldn't respond . He still hasn't.

But now that this is also the Area 7 match, I (we) appreciate hearing that awards will be given to Division/Class winners. Thank you for that information.

I am sure this information will make a difference to some folks and I expect the 2007 match will be very well attended and a tremendous success.

Thanks again. We appreciate your hard work and creative talent. Good Job.

^_^

Sorry. One more thing...why wouldn't Area 7 be helping with awards as they would at any Area Level III match?

Shouldn't the available awards be consistent with the USPSA rulebook (e.g. All Divisions, Classes and Categories recognized by the number of shooters in each)?

Is this a question for the Area Director to answer?

• 2 weeks later...

Novafla-- Not sure if Area 7 will be helping out with awards this year. Guess that's above my pay grade. It would be great if they do, if that's the usual practice.

For those who were asking earlier about places to camp in the vicinity... The Elmore State Park is quite nice. It's in the next town over from Morrisville, about 15-20 min. from the range. It's situated on a nice lake for swimming/boating and there is also a nice hiking trail up Elmore mountain to a fire tower with spectacular views of the area, and a general store that sells ice cream within walking distance.