Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest Bod Minutes

Gary Stevens

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow I missed these from 8/16--

“For a handgun to be approved for USPSA Limited or USPSA Limited 10 divisions, it must first meet the requirements as outlined in appendix D7 or D8 of the current USPSA handgun rules. Secondly, the NROI manufacturer’s declaration form must be submitted to NROI, stating that a minimum of 500 have been manufactured and available to the general public. Once NROI has reviewed the handgun, and has received the signed manufacturer’s declaration, the handgun will be approved for USPSA Limited/Limited 10 division and posted to the approved list as well as a statement made on the USPSA web site.”
“For a handgun to be approved on the Production gun list, it must first meet the requirements as outlined in appendix D9 of the current USPSA handgun rules. Secondly, the NROI manufacturer’s declaration form must be submitted to NROI, stating that a minimum of 2000 have been manufactured and available to the general public. Once NROI has reviewed the handgun, and has received the signed manufacturer’s declaration, the handgun will be approved for USPSA Production division and posted to the approved list as well as a statement made on the USPSA web site.”

How does this work with guns that are either so old the manufacturer isn't around, or doesn't feel like providing a signed letter to NROI? "So sorry, you have to shoot Open with that Nambu"??? Can third-parties submit documentation for evaluation.

Since I don't see a Limited or L10 list anywhere, I guess we're all shooting Open now and didn't even know it.

Those are from the 8/16 minutes and supposedly effective now.. I found them looking for these new ones for the 2008 book.. here's the list of the ones I think are interesting (there are others)

Passed L10 reinstate When did it go away?

Passed USPSA Box Now = IDPA Box?

Passed Production minimum Trigger Pull 3 lbs DA shot. This will light up the internets. I like it.

Passed Senior 55 - Super Senior 65 Keep TGO out a little longer? ;)

Passed Hits must penetrate Ick. Edge cases are going to be trouble.

Failed Finger outside TG Huh? Is it now ok or not?

For all the passonate discussions of L10. Here are the people for keeping it and those against it? Does your Area Director or President vote the way you believe? I personally find this a little disturbing. Glad it passed.

PS I believe it is incorrect it should read appendix D8 not D3

Title: L10 reinstate

Date of Motion: 11/14/06 05:51 PM

Closed: 11/15/06 12:00 AM

Submitted by: Area8

Seconded by: Area3

Result: Passed

Motion: A8 moves to reinstate Appendix D3 Limited-10 division. Rollcall requested.

Area1: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area2: No, Rollcall Requested

Area3: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area4: No

Area5: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area6: No, Rollcall Requested

Area7: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area8: Yes, Rollcall Requested

President: No, Rollcall Requested

# 2 thing I find disturbing.

Production will have a 3# or heavier trigger.

Heres the vote

Area2: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area4: Yes

Area5: No, Rollcall Requested

Area7: No, Rollcall Requested

Area8: No, Rollcall Requested

President: Yes, Rollcall Requested

PS I have nothing personal against any Area Director or President. In fact I support and appreciate them 100%. I think most club level shooters feel L10 is a great option and thats why I support it and let my Area Director know. If yours doesn't support your views then email them. Heck email them if they do to. They need lovin too.

Edited by BSeevers

All of these motions were regarding the new rulebook, which is being worked on, and will only apply in 2008. Until then, nothing changes.

As to the finger in the trigger guard, the new rulebook will have a clear exception for lowering the hammer on a gun without a decocker during LAMR. The motion that was defeated would have allowed reloading with the finger in the trigger guard at all times. Since our safety rules are layered and redundant, I would not vote to allow this. It removed a layer of safety, and I couldn't go with it.

L-10 had been removed from the draft of the 2008 rules, by someone's direction. The motion that was voted on was to put L-10 back in the 2008 rulebook.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

All of these motions were regarding the new rulebook, which is being worked on, and will only apply in 2008. Until then, nothing changes.

As to the finger in the trigger guard, the new rulebook will have a clear exception for lowering the hammer on a gun without a decocker during LAMR. The motion that was defeated would have allowed reloading with the finger in the trigger guard at all times. Since our safety rules are layered and redundant, I would not vote to allow this. It removed a layer of safety, and I couldn't go with it.

Gary

Thanks.. does the "2008" apply to the gun production numbers votes from August? I agree about the extra safety layer, though my AD thought it wasn't necessary... :blink:

I think the answer to the numbers question is yes for the 2008 book, but that motion took effect when it was voted on. This allowed the waiver of the one year requirement if a sufficient number of guns have been produced and in the hands of the general public. However, I have seen so many drafts, and changes, I'm not totally sure of anything at the moment.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

Yes the 2008 rulebook is still in draft. However, these motions and votes are directed at the latest draft. These motions and votes will modify the previous draft and take their place. In other words, what you see here is real. Where you are having problems is not knowing the complete context that they are being used.

You don't need much context though on some things such as trigger pulls. Yes, as of now, pending a re-votewhich I don't anticipate, there will be a minimum 3 lb trigger pull in Production in 2008.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

(That Production trigger pull weight thing is going to be a major cluster f*#k.)

[sarcastic mode on] Gee, Flex, you think so? [sarcastic mode off].

Who motioned for that POS rule, who seconded? At least my AD had the good sense to vote against it.

So let's see, Area 1, 2, 3,4 and the President voted for it. Do any of them shoot Production?

Edited by vluc

Title: Production minimum Trigger Pull

Date of Motion: 11/15/06 04:25 PM

Submitted by: President

Seconded by: Area4

Motion: Minimum trigger pull - Yes, 3 pounds in hammer fully down/decocked condition

President: Yes, Rollcall Requested

"Title: L10 reinstate

Date of Motion: 11/14/06 05:51 PM

Submitted by: Area8

Seconded by: Area3

Motion: A8 moves to reinstate Appendix D3 Limited-10 division. Rollcall requested.

Area2: No, Rollcall Requested

Area4: No

Area5: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area7: Yes, Rollcall Requested

Area8: Yes, Rollcall Requested

President: No, Rollcall Requested"

Razor thin margin... I predict a second "bite at the apple."

"Title: Production minimum Trigger Pull

Date of Motion: 11/15/06 04:25 PM

Submitted by: President

Seconded by: Area4

Motion: Minimum trigger pull - Yes, 3 pounds in hammer fully down/decocked condition

President: Yes, Rollcall Requested "

This will turn into a God Awful mess..... :lol:

"Great, another fix for a problem that doesn't exist."

;)

"L-10 had been removed from the draft of the 2008 rules, by someone's direction. "

Another "State Secret." :ph34r:

Edited by Chuck D

Yes the 2008 rulebook is still in draft. However, these motions and votes are directed at the latest draft. These motions and votes will modify the previous draft and take their place. In other words, what you see here is real. Where you are having problems is not knowing the complete context that they are being used.

So all that's being shown are changes made to a document we haven't seen yet? Boy, is that screwed up or what? That's like reading the amendments to the constitution without seeing the constitution!

:lol:

Let's see--in the past few years in Production:

We have a list of approved guns---just like IPSC

We are going to have a "Box" (Oct BOD minutes, item 13)----just like IPSC

We are going to have a minimum trigger pull-------just like IPSC

So why not just adopt the IPSC rules? We are going there anyway, just slowly.

Kind of like removing a band-aid--do it quick and it doesn't hurt as much.