Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wet C-more

firewalker

Help, I drownded my c-more in the rain and now it refuses to turn off. It is the big knob click type. I blew out the battery space, under the diaode place, and around the knob with compressed air that i use on my keyboard. This helped a little but it still is on. I also tried WD-40 in same places to remove mosture.Even tried 5 mins with a hair dryer.

Any help would be appriciated.

Frederick

You'll probably need to pull the circuit board and dry that. C-mores come apart fairly easily-- pull the knob, battery and dot, then encourage the circuit board (it doesn't go much forward of the battery) to come out the bottom.

If that doesn't work, hose air in from where the dot goes back towards the switch and hope, while turning the knob.

Or try the old "wet camera repair" trick ---- at your own risk. Set the oven to warm --- what ever the lowest (typically 140-160) temperature is. When it signals that it's up to temperature, shut it off, and put your wet electronics inside. Come back a few hours later, and it should have dried out.

Some electronics don't like this much heat --- so proceed with caution, and understand the risks. Basically you're creating a warm dry environment to aid in the speedy evaporation of the water, which will reduce the likelihood of corrosion.....

Well after dissambling it and drying it, does still not shut off. I think i will call them and return it for repair. But the c-more is only a few months old. Is it that common for them to stop working after rain? Any way to waterproof the thing? Thanks for the replies