Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help With Pact Mkiv Timer Chrn Please

41mag

The very first time I plugged my screens into my MK-4XP I had this problem ("Error: Screent Trigger at the same time.") I was just playing with it under indoor fluorescent lighting. Once I got outside everything worked fine though, so I just assumed it was an insufficient light issue.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like yet another case of schlimbesserung in the electronics industry. I have a model 1 Pact chrono that I bought sometime in the last century. It has worked flawlessly since the day I got it, even in conditions it shouldn't have. (like low light). At the time I got mine, the cost of the timer/chrono combo unit was more than buying each one separately.

Drifting a little; I had the opportunity to attempt to use the CED 7000 shot timer at A-6 3 gun last Nov. The host club had bought several of these for the event. They wouldn't work through the match! They use an internal rechargable battery, so when it dies, the timer is out of commission, no putting a new battery in and continuing. They are small, so small they are difficult to use if you have large fingers, so small they will get lost in your bag or pocket.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should.

• 2 months later...

Over the years, I've used every timer on the market except for the CED 7k and the PACT MKIV.

I currently own a RU Ready Timer (the loud little yellow one). Great for running matches, not so great for practice, and a CED 8k (gameboy looking one). I like the features of the 8k (especially, sensitivity of the timer, easy to navigate menus, and the BIG display), but I wanted something more useful for practice, with a larger memory than 10 strings.

Also, I was in the market for a chrono. I was considering the CED, but I borrowed a Chrony (which I wanted to like very much, it just wouldn't work for me). I used to own a Pact Model 1, which I found to be very reliable.

After much research, talking to shooters, and talking to Brian, I bought a MKIV XP and infrared skyscreen set.

Reasons I bought it, apart from Brian's endorsement:

1/features, features, features

2/usefulness as a practice timer (see #1)

3/USB port to download data

4/chrono feature

5/chrono and timer in one device

6/large memory

I've had it a few days and after playing with it extensively, I've mostly overcome the learning curve and can see why it's such a great timer.

It beats the heck out of the 8k for practice sessions.

Once you start using it, it's a real time saver (the ease with which you can input different par times, for example).

It's more confusing to LEARN how to use than my 8k, but once you know how, it's easier to USE.

Edited by A38337

• 2 months later...
Brian doesn't sell Pact any more??? :o

Does anyone know why Brian stopped selling Pact products? I'm getting ready to buy a digital scale and was considering the Pact.

Thanks,

-Cuz.