Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Australian Ipsc Website

M-TRAIN

Check out my new IPSC website, featuring "TEAM M-TRAIN."

Inside you will find heaps of pics 'n vids of the team shooting IPSC in Australia, along with lots of useful info and stories of our adventures.

..."NOTHIN ELSE MATTERS!"

www.team-mtrain.net.au

Edited by M-TRAIN

Nice try! :) Dont be too upset...you're not the first...and you wont be the last to try and contact BECKSTAR. :lol: She's very special!!!

I'll be posting more pics of her regularly.

The "roundgun" shes using...is a Model 10 Smith & Wesson... .38 Special.

Mick B

"...NOTHIN' ELSE MATTERS!"

Edited by M-TRAIN

Nice try! :) Dont be too upset...you're not the first...and you wont be the last to try and contact BECKSTAR. :lol: She's very special!!!

I'll be posting more pics of her regularly.

The "roundgun" shes using...is a Model 10 Smith & Wesson... .38 Special.

Mick B

Thanks Mick, need to get her into ICORE. She will dress up the Australian squad a bit.

The web site is well put together and entertaining. The videos seem to load a little on the delayed side but that could be my connection.

Regards,

Gary

PS: Special is an understatement :)

Ur right Gary...she's actually totally awesome!!! And she's the real deal...she knows what to do with that thing! :o

We're working on the vids...its not ur end...its ours! I just showed my son Jesse ur post and he's looking at the prob as we speak.

Glad u like the site...its only going to get bigger and better.

Cheers

Mick B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am thinking about visiting Austrailia soon. Where would I visit so I could possibly shoot a match or watch a match being shot?

glock17w

Dude! Australia's a big place!

Let me know which part you might visit and ill point you in the right direction.

IPSC is shot all round Australia, so really wherever you go you'll be able to watch and have a shot.

Sydney.

Stu from Team M-Train lives in Sydney and his club Drummoyne has an informative website with dates of matches, go to the Links page on the M-Train website and check it out.

In March 2007 Myself, Phil, Pete and Nath are flying to Sydney to team up with Stu at the New South Wales State Titles held at Blacktown Pistol Club. Plan your trip around that one!

Regardless, closer to the time you come over, Stu can help you out.

But dont "think" about coming over..."do it!"...Australia is awesome man!

Mick B

Edited by M-TRAIN

Mick,

I am not familiar with the current state of your gun laws, is it difficult or even possible for a foreigner to enter the country, or travel within the country, with IPSC gear and ammo?

Any tricks or special procedures?

Mick,

I am not familiar with the current state of your gun laws, is it difficult or even possible for a foreigner to enter the country, or travel within the country, with IPSC gear and ammo?

Any tricks or special procedures?

Hey Dude

Yes it is possible for overseas visitors to enter Australia with guns n gear...however due to our laws you can basically only shoot .38 super or 9mm in IPSC. You can only use 10 rd mags and the barrel length of your semi auto must be minimum 120mm.

So no .40cals or hi cap mags would get through Customs! :angry:

As for travelling around Australia, I've been told all the States will recognise your temporary permit except for my State, Western Australia. That would require a seperate permit.

If you're interested in coming over, let me know and I can find out more info for you. The above is only my understanding.

Mick B

do any of you guys shoot in the states? what about beckstar, does she have any plans to shoot in the US in 2007? :)

None of us have shot in the States before, but it has always been a dream to come over and shoot a US Nationals. My calendar for 2007 is already full, so in 2008 I will be keen to drag some of the M-Train over to the States for a shoot.

I was disappointed with the courses of fire at the last World Shoot, we like to run 'n gun alot and dont mind standing still or shooting from boxes, if only in moderation.

What type of courses would we likely encounter at a US Nationals (assuming we could get a slot) or would we be better served going to an Area Championship? Or is there a Shoot that is highly regarded or recommended for runnin' and gunnin'?

Beckstar has no plans for shooting in the US either :P However if the US Chapter of the Beckstar Fan Club came up with an offer too good to refuse...who knows...I might be able to bring her with me in 2008! :)

Mick B

M-Train,

I see where the New South Wales States Titles ocur on 17 March 2007 in Blacktown. Blacktown is 35 km from Sydney. I will look in planning my trip around that date. The weather should still be fairly warm. If I can make it (job depending), I would love to shoot but would be content with just watching. 14 stages would be nice to shoot. It would be a nice experience.

I will look into planning my trip.

Glock17w

M-Train,

I see where the New South Wales States Titles ocur on 17 March 2007 in Blacktown. Blacktown is 35 km from Sydney. I will look in planning my trip around that date. The weather should still be fairly warm. If I can make it (job depending), I would love to shoot but would be content with just watching. 14 stages would be nice to shoot. It would be a nice experience.

I will look into planning my trip.

Glock17w

Sounds good mate. The weather will still be good. The match organisers may be able to hook you up with a gun, especially if you're shooting a glock?

I can ask for you if you want.

Mick B

Mick,

The Nationals is a great match for y'all to attend. Given the new(ish) format of USPSA and 'freestyle' to be more in line with IPSC standards, most all of the stages incorporate movement with the shooting with very few stand and shoots.

That said, the Nationals, the Area 2 Championships (usually held at IPSC/USPSA Mecca, Rio Solado in Mesa, Arizona), the Georgia State Championships (especially if Carlos Rubio and gang are running it), the Space City Challenge (in/around Houston, Texas) and for some serious throwin' lead down range the Crazy Croc Bonzai Ballistic in Dundee, Oregon (about 30-40 minutes south of Portland, Oregon) are all great matches.

If you want to run and shoot A LOT the Bonzai is pretty much it. I think the last one I shot was 8 stages and 400+ rounds. Do the math.

As for a place to crash, the beauty of shooting in the US is that everyone is willing to share a place with someone. When I get from Afghanistan, feel free to write me and when you come to the states, I'll make sure you're taken care of, that your gear is okay, ammo is good, etc.

These boards will take care of any other questions you may have too, so write/post any time.

Rich

P.S. Aussie Rules Football is the heat! Rugby is for sissies!!!

Mick,

The Nationals is a great match for y'all to attend. Given the new(ish) format of USPSA and 'freestyle' to be more in line with IPSC standards, most all of the stages incorporate movement with the shooting with very few stand and shoots.

That said, the Nationals, the Area 2 Championships (usually held at IPSC/USPSA Mecca, Rio Solado in Mesa, Arizona), the Georgia State Championships (especially if Carlos Rubio and gang are running it), the Space City Challenge (in/around Houston, Texas) and for some serious throwin' lead down range the Crazy Croc Bonzai Ballistic in Dundee, Oregon (about 30-40 minutes south of Portland, Oregon) are all great matches.

If you want to run and shoot A LOT the Bonzai is pretty much it. I think the last one I shot was 8 stages and 400+ rounds. Do the math.

As for a place to crash, the beauty of shooting in the US is that everyone is willing to share a place with someone. When I get from Afghanistan, feel free to write me and when you come to the states, I'll make sure you're taken care of, that your gear is okay, ammo is good, etc.

These boards will take care of any other questions you may have too, so write/post any time.

Rich

P.S. Aussie Rules Football is the heat! Rugby is for sissies!!!

Rich

Thanks for all the info mate! I did some research into the Area 2 and Nationals...seems the logistics of getting there isn't the biggest problem...getting a slot is!

Do you know if there are provisions for International shooters, like "X" amount of slots available?

I might start another thread on "which matches to shoot?"

Thanks also for the offer to help us guys out!

And yes Aussie Rules Football rocks!

You wont see any of us boys playn...rugby!

Mick B

M-Train,

I have started the planning phase. I will leave Korea on 15 March, arrive on 16 March, shoot pistol match on 17 and 18 March. I will leave on 21 March. I plan to stay at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour on Harbour Street in Sydney. I know the range is about 35km. I would have to arrange some type of transportation to the range. Who do I need to contact to start the coordination?

glock17w