Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friends At Each Others Throats

Vlad

I don't know how other clubs run, and what their group dynamics are like, but we have some wiered stuff around my club. We have the best people you can imagine, from the match directors to all the volunteer helpers. Today we where setting up for our annual 3 gun match and had 10 people or more come out and help. We had even one of the more casual shooters come out and help and bring us coffee and dounughts. We built 9 stages in about 9 hours, including trucks (fuctional), missle launchers (complete with real practice rockets), doors to be opened with battering rams, door to be blown open with your shotgun, a shotgun run through the woods, and countless other cool bits. Hopefully the overnite weather wont destroy to much of it.

So what am I bitching about? Without fail people will get on each others nerves, blood presure will rise, a few people will throw their hand up in their air and walk away to help with a different stage, someone will leave cursing at themselves or muttering about some problem or another, and people who have been friends for years will in one way or another get really pissed at each other.

At the end of the day the job will be done, and the next morning friends will be friends again. Nevertheless, it drives me nuts when people start arguing over the most meaningless details of a stage. We pleanty of people who are really out to get us out there, foreign or domestic, we choose to take our frustration out on those we have chosen to hang out with over silly details of a hobby we have chosen to participate in. Some of us do it more often, some less. I know I get on peoples nerves every now and then.

I guess it says something that we keep on coming back for more weekend after weekend, and the end of the match we still all go out for dinner and laugh and BS like nothing ever happened, but I sure do hate it when we get on each others nerves.

Edited by Vlad

I think you'll find that at most clubs. I know I get a little frustated from time to time. But by the end of day its all but forgotton. Its the end of the year for shooting at our club and we'll all get to recharge our batteries for next year :)

It is sad when stuff like this happens. I've been involved in a few majors where several of the prime movers of the event end up not talking to each other for weeks, months, or ever after the match. Silly the little things that pop up and kill friendships.

I think if the principals involved weren't so darn darn tired at the time, things said wouldn't cut as deep.

It is sad when stuff like this happens. I've been involved in a few majors where several of the prime movers of the event end up not talking to each other for weeks, months, or ever after the match. Silly the little things that pop up and kill friendships.

I think if the principals involved weren't so darn darn tired at the time, things said wouldn't cut as deep.

2006 AREA 5

'nuff said ???