Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components

kurtm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the nuts and end caps made.......production is dictating the ability to make the tubes......hopefully, with in 4 weeks 20 gauge tubes for LOTS of different makes will be availible

I am a FIRM believer inthe 20ga for this sport....less recoil, hold more shells in your hand for relaod.....more than enough knockdown power. the only drawback I see is a little bit tighter pattern............and if you really pattern the gun, it is not much different. So yes....the ONLY thing keeping people back is the accessories. My aim is to change that.

Ask Cheryl about the 20 ga franchi she has (or will have back in a bit).....she loves it!!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

There is a way to get the 12 gauge tec loaders to work for 20gauge......I believe some guys are heating up the top front end and pushing it down some to retain the shells.

Not sure if you need spacers or not to put the part on the reciever itself......I've not run an open 20gauge as of yet, but it seems like the 12 gauge tec loader will work with a little work.

I have seen them in use......and sence no one makes one for the 20....they HAVE to be the 12 gauge one modified.

Who knows....I may have to have someone send me there's with a tec loader and see if I can get it to work. I can sometimes do that stuff.

Tim

Sounds really nice.

So, let's talk Rem. 1100 ............... are the +8 tubes giving open shooters 12 + 1 ??? I am brand new to 3-gun, so I'm not even sure if the rules allow that much, but it sounds awesome. I just bought a 28" 1100. How far will the tube stick out ?

What are the tubes made of ? I read somewhere that they are light weight ? :huh: ? Just curious. They look great. I dont see any barrel clamps in the pics. Are they strong enough to stand on their own ???

The +8 Remmy tube sticks out 18 3/4 inches beyond the end cap. The +8 basically means you'll get 8 rounds in addition to the factory capacity. Therefore you will get 12 + 1. As USPSA open only allows 10 + 1 max, you'll need to download or plug the tube if you go with the +8. I keep a +7 on my Benelli, but have a +8 handy for any matches (Ft. Benning) where there is no capacity limitation. <_< Short of a heavy blow right on the extended tube, they are rigid enough IMO without a clamp. I stuck a clamp on mine as I can tend to bang a gun a around a bit sometimes.

I may be wrong, but don't think any of the dealers have the Nordic clamps available yet. Tim told me he hoped to get some sent off for anodizing next week. I hope to have them in stock soon. I know it's a much anticipated item.

Edited by cpty1

Got my tube and handle from CPWSA and indeed the best tube and bolt handle I've seen. Much better than the factory IMO. The +5 is almost the same length as the barrel on a 21" Benelli M2. Can't wait to see the clamp. Hats off to both cpty1 and TRUBL for the excellent service. Here are pics:

Tube

tube.jpg

Bolt Handle

handle.jpg

M2

m2.jpg

Got my Nordic +5 tube in yesterday and installed on my new 24" M2. Very Nice piece !!!

My question is....do I need to trim the extended mag spring that came with the tube or leave it be ??? I had to struggle to get the entire spring in the tube & capped, but I got it. The tube will hold 8 + 1 as advertised, I'm just curious if there needs to be a little spring chopped off to make loading a little easier.....it's pretty stiff the way it is.

Any words of wisdom from the Nordic community ???

post-3426-1170354660.jpg

From the instructions enclosed with the tube.....ofcourse, none us guys EVER read that crap!!! (I even had to look it up, as when I installed the one on Jarmo's Gun, I never cut it either)

4. A good place to start on the free length of spring is 10 inches to 16 inches longer than the entire magazine assembly (Nordic Extension Tube Assembly + Factory Magazine) Please note that the spring supplied is 44” OAL free length. Depending on your requirements you may want to go longer or shorter on the spring free length. As an example….a longer spring will tend to have more pressure putting in the last few shells (in fact at an extreme, you may not get the advertised number of rounds in)…..a shorter cut spring will allow for easier loading but may cause problems in the function of the weapon. At best I would suggest going longer on the spring free length and then cutting down to a desired length. To cut the spring you will need to use a wire cutter, side cutter or something equivalent. Remember to wear safety glasses when cutting the spring or dealing with any spring in a compressed state!!!! WHEN TESTING FOR SHELL CAPACITY, WE RECOMMEND USING ONLY DUMMY ROUNDS.

Edited by TRUBL

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Nordic tube and clamp a few days ago, haven't had time to run live fire with them on my M1 yet, but first thing I noticed is the much lighter weight hanging out there at the end. I can load and keep the M1 on target without much strain on my shoulder. The tube and barrel clamp together weight less than my old SRM tube alone. Capacity wise, the +5 gave me 8 with 3/4"" wiggle room so the spring is not completely compressed, making the last shell load much easier. I guess I could have gone with the +6, but I am sure an extra tube body can be purchased separately later. Nifty little threaded end cap allows you to clean out the tube without unscrewing the whole thing - What a great design! :)

WHEN TESTING FOR SHELL CAPACITY, WE RECOMMEND USING ONLY DUMMY ROUNDS
...Sure ;) Edited by PacMan

• 2 weeks later...

All the same price. You can get a dealer price at Brownells if you have an account, but no clamp there yet. Might as well get them from members here (cactustactical.com, CPWSA, or TRUBL) :)

Edited by PacMan

www.cactustactical.com (Bob)

www.cpwsa.com (Chris)

www.triangleshootingsports.com (Benny)

www.shootersconnection.com (Chuck)

www.brownells.com

www.jpar15.com (John)

soon to be at speed shooters as well

Not listed in any particular order.......some carry more than others, all are great to work with.