Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Camera?

steel1212

I bought a new camera about 2 months ago, it is the Cannon S3IS, and it is sweet. It is not the smallest camera, but it has 12x optical zoom, 6mp, image stabilization, and takes great movies. I wanted the best non-SLR camera I could find, and I think this is it. I got it at best buy when it was on sale for $359.00 and it has been GREAT.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1138085156631

I went the other way. I searched for the cheapest camera which took movies at a frame rate high enough to let me see what I wanted to see. I only use it to review my performance, not to impress my friends so quality past a certain point didn't matter to me specially from a camera which was going to reside in my range back and get kicked, covered in dust, and maybe shot. I bought a Aiptek shrink wraped type of thing and it has worked better then I expected. The newer version of the same are much nicer and still only about $100.

I went the other way. I searched for the cheapest camera which took movies at a frame rate high enough to let me see what I wanted to see. I only use it to review my performance, not to impress my friends so quality past a certain point didn't matter to me specially from a camera which was going to reside in my range back and get kicked, covered in dust, and maybe shot. I bought a Aiptek shrink wraped type of thing and it has worked better then I expected. The newer version of the same are much nicer and still only about $100.

This is kind of what I'm looking for. I don't need a camera that I can shoot macro with. I just need something that I can take to the range take a few nice pics and film me and my friends. It has to be good enough though that I can tell what I'm doing in the vids.