Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Titegroup Tend To Throw Burning Flakes?

Religious Shooter

I've been using TG for .40 S&W lately.

While shooting at an indoor range that has dim lighting I've noticed that shooting .40 (4.2 grains of TG, 200 grain PD head, ~1.17" OAL) with TG I see burning flakes shooting out of the muzzle. I don't remember seeing this with WSL.

Is this normal with TG? Or is there something up with the PD heads or maybe...?

I ask because the indoor range I go to has a lot of unburnt powder on the ground. I've caused two fires with my open gun (hybrid and comp equipped) and a I don't want to go through that again. :D

I've been using TG for .40 S&W lately.

While shooting at an indoor range that has dim lighting I've noticed that shooting .40 (4.2 grains of TG, 200 grain PD head, ~1.17" OAL) with TG I see burning flakes shooting out of the muzzle. I don't remember seeing this with WSL.

Is this normal with TG? Or is there something up with the PD heads or maybe...?

I ask because the indoor range I go to has a lot of unburnt powder on the ground. I've caused two fires with my open gun (hybrid and comp equipped) and a I don't want to go through that again. :D

At lower loading pressures with TG I have experienced some unburned powderafterward. When loaded to major power factor, I have seen very little if any powder residue.

OBTW,

the range owner needs to invest in a broom. :)

FWIW

dj