Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting Meopta Scope

Rckymtnshooter

Is the Meopta a 1" or 30mm tube?

If it is a 1" tube I have had really good success with Leupold See Thru rings. I initially bought them as a quick fix to get a scope mounted with every intention of replacing them with a "better" product, but they have proven to be very sturdy and return to zero when removed. The other bonus is that they are available at Wal Mart for $16.

I also believe Weaver makes quick release rings in ultra high specifically for mounting to AR's.

I have the Meopta with 30mm tube. For me it's not possible to mount it properly without an extender. The eye relief is so long that I need to place it really far ahead. I use an extender/riser and use low steel rings.

I use Warne QD rings and put both rings to the shooter-side of the adjustment knobs. This works well eliminates the need for an extender.

I really like the Warne rings - they're a little pricey, but VERY solid.

Edited by chp5

The YHM rail extender I had would not hold zero, too much flex. I got a PRI from Paule(MSTN) and used warn std rings. Bullet proof, off and on return to zero. good eye relief, all I could want. I have two set up that way and wont change.--------Larry

Edited by lkytx

Bronco had it figured out. Armalite 30MM mount when it is in stock. Low cost, artillery proof and VERY repeatable. Low tech I admit, but so is a 1911 :D

Is the mount partially forward of the flattop?