Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ace Stock

D.Hayden

Some baby powder helps as well. Also a strong will, a couple of bottles of beer and a dog to give you funny looks. I found that cursing helped a lot too, well at least I think it did, as I was doing a lot of it towards the end right before I was done.

Did you try shooting it without the foam pad? I tried the 3 beers, soapy water, and cussing a lot and it didn't work. Took it to the range the next day and liked the way it handled. During the dead of winter might be another story. <_<

Let me know what works, just in case.

with golf club grips you typically use double-sided masking tape and lighter fluid to turn the tape adhesive into slick-as-snot goo. The grips slides on and it sets up like a rock. To remove you need a hypo to get more lighter fluid under the grip to re-loosen the tape adhesive (unless you are destroying the old grip). Works great, and does a fine job on the stock foam too.

with golf club grips you typically use double-sided masking tape and lighter fluid to turn the tape adhesive into slick-as-snot goo. The grips slides on and it sets up like a rock. To remove you need a hypo to get more lighter fluid under the grip to re-loosen the tape adhesive (unless you are destroying the old grip). Works great, and does a fine job on the stock foam too.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the foam to slip right on.. (used less dishwasher soap with a little water this time)

All right.. First know this: I'm an idiot..

Now.. what part of the stock do you disassemble to get the tube on?

It looks like it's pinned on both the receiver side and the butt side? But there's some odd-sized (I don't have a metric or standard that fits it) allen screw on the butt side, I'm leaning towards, but don't want to risk stripping it, if I missed something.

Hairspray. Use it all the time putting grips on bicycle handlebars. Just act quickly, when it dries, it's stuck...

+1

Used if for the same thing often, putting on mountain bike grips. Slides on easy and when dry stays put. Later when it needs replaced you can wash the stuff off with soap and water.

mcb

I hope I misread something above. The tube has to be installed on the AR before the stock and sleeve are installed(with WD40). If I had known the thing was going to be cause this much discussion I would have asked more money for it.----------Larry

Edited by lkytx