Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Inexpensive Chrony

I have the Pro Chrono Digital from Competition Electronics. It was right around $100.00 and is nice and light and runs off a single standard 9 Volt battery. It has a large memory that retains information when the unit is switched off. I chose it over a Shooting Chrony because it has a much larger shooting area over the sky screens. It's readouts are quite large and can be seen from several feet away. I can set it up real fast on a tripod when I shoot at the public range, (Ben Avery), during a range break and there are no wires running anywhere. The only problem I had was when shooting my Weatherby Accumark in .338-378 Weatherby Magnum I had to move it a good 20 feet downrange before I wouldn't get an "ERROR" reading from the muzzle brake. Overall performance is good and it's very consistant, or at least it's telling me my handloads are! Bill T.

• 3 months later...
I have the Pro Chrono Digital from Competition Electronics. It was right around $100.00 and is nice and light and runs off a single standard 9 Volt battery. It has a large memory that retains information when the unit is switched off. I chose it over a Shooting Chrony because it has a much larger shooting area over the sky screens. It's readouts are quite large and can be seen from several feet away. I can set it up real fast on a tripod when I shoot at the public range, (Ben Avery), during a range break and there are no wires running anywhere. The only problem I had was when shooting my Weatherby Accumark in .338-378 Weatherby Magnum I had to move it a good 20 feet downrange before I wouldn't get an "ERROR" reading from the muzzle brake. Overall performance is good and it's very consistant, or at least it's telling me my handloads are! Bill T.

+1 on the ProChrono Digital. I never used it with a rifle, but with my pistol loads it gives me consistent and believable results.

• 1 month later...