Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"livingston Goes Leather Slap"

In honor of our recently-departed IPSC Founder, Colonel Jeff Cooper, the Livingston Gun Club is doing a retro-IPSC match to include stages such as: "The Return of the Rhodesian Wall", "Coopers Crucible" (with of course...a Cooper Tunnel), and a few other throwback props that haven't been seen in quite a while (don't want to spoil all the surprises!!! :P ). If you are so compelled, you might want to even strap on a 1911 and shoot single-stack. ;) The match will have a few more physical challenges than you might be used to seeing at a contemporary USPSA match, but we'll lay off the rope-swing over the crocodile-infested mote!!! :P (note: all stages will be USPSA legal as per the January 2004 edition rulebook). Be prepared to be tested with weak-hand and even prone shooting...cause this won't be your ordinary match!!! We plan on having 5-6 stages with the oldest classifier we can drum-up. Registration starts at 8:30am, and we start shooting at 9:45am. Cost will be $20, and this match will go on rain or shine...Hell, you don't think the Colonel would have begged off due to a little rain...do ya??? Maybe we'll hose down the ranges anyway even if we don't get the rain...just to make it interesting...just kidding. Hope to see you there!!! ;)

Jeff LaFave

MD

Edited by Barrettone

:o

Did you get a little extra setup help for this match? ;)

We have 8 people on the set-up team, and 4 diabolacle stage designers...Everything is gonna be scenario-based and the scenarios will be explained in the walk-throughs just like they used to do. Lotta fun to be had.....

Hi Jake,

It's definitely doable. I go down to Fort Wayne (FWAPS) all the time. I-69 to I-96 is a straight shot easy drive. If you can get up a group of shooters from Indy the beers on me after the match.

DVC,

Sam

Can I dig out and use the old crossdraw rig? haha

I think only a heretic would shoot anything besides a slabsides.

A heretic is bringing some 1852 technology to this retro match

and I,ll be counting to 6 reload 6 reload 6 reload 6 reload 6

It,s going to be a great time

Gary