Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Col. Jeff Cooper Passed Away

CenTX

Gone, never to be forgotten.

He quoted my favorite American president:

“Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life. Both life and death are parts of the same great Adventure." -- Theodore Roosevelt

The adventure continues…

Col. Cooper was an absolute icon to all of us. His impact on firearms development, training, and provocative insights regarding pistolcraft will be felt for many years to come...and they are his legacy. IPSC was his brainchild, and we can all thank him for spearheading and founding the shooting sport that we all love so much. May he rest in peace... :(

Rest in peace Sir,If not for your vision and and effort there would not be this sport that we on this forum love.Also your Modern Technique has saved countless lives by showing a faster,more accurate way to shoot.

May he rest in peace.

I once spent many happy hours reading his writings. His work taught me everything when I didn't know anything.

I also have the paperback copy of Fighting Handguns. It's hard to believe how he contained so much excellent information in such a small book.

Owen, I have them all...most are autographed..

I can almost taste Janelle's brownies thinking back...

As can I. Funny, I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. My personal Gunsite "Epiphany" was that I didn't know nearly as much as I thought I did. I will always remember Colonel Cooper, his writings, his lectures, and Mrs. Cooper's grace. One of the few things done correctly in this life was to stop talking about it, getting off my butt, and making that first trip to Paulden.

I have my Cooper signed books, Gunsight Cerificate, as well as memories that will be with me throughout my life.

Thank You and Rest in Peace Colonel Cooper.

Marvin

This is very sad news. We could trace probably most of what we have now back to Jeff's original vision. I remember me and Robbie, sitting around, flipping through Cooper on Handguns, for hours at time, until the pages started falling out.

be