Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing too exciting, but a new Matchmaster with a Vortex Razor red dot.

How do you like the Vortex? Which one is it? What kind of loads are you shooting? How has it held up so far?

I've run it with major and minor, but got it primarily minor ammo for multigun and a few matches where power factor isn't a concern.

Razor is 6 moa and I like it a lot, but it is going to Vortex for repair. First the sight was turning off, but a piece of rubber band under the battery terminal fixed that. Now it's turning up the brightness while firing major loads. Not a problem most of the time, but it shouldn't do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, does anybody have an open gun that isn't black or some silver finish? Saw one pistol Burnt Bronze. Some TiN accoutrements. Anyone with a little creativity out there? Have seen some very nice pistols here, would just like to see something a little different.

The CZ above reminds me of a crazy quilt, and I like the look a lot.

Having mostly black and silver guns, I like to see something unusual once in a while also. I have a couple caspian framed open guns and like the looks of wood grips, just as JMB intended. Something painted up like the the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test bus, or Janis Joplin's '64 Porsche could be pretty cool looking if done well and would definitely be unique...Hmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the slide racker cuts. That's an awesome thumb rest too! Who's thumb rest is that? It looks like it's concave to profile the thumb more then a flat piece. Beautiful blaster! Can't wait to hear more

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I really like the slide racker cuts. That's an awesome thumb rest too! Who's thumb rest is that? It looks like it's concave to profile the thumb more then a flat piece. Beautiful blaster! Can't wait to hear more

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks! The racker cut/position was Doug's idea. He said since we've got all this space in the back, why not move the racker to the rear and I gave him free reign. Turned out great I think. The Thumb Rest is from FMW (Ebay vendor). I really like the bottom mounting and position of the rest. He sells a 45 and 30 degree version. Just need to get out and shoot it now.