Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

Awesome! CZ is the winning solution. :bow: I'd love to have a smith with that level of skill available.

Well, thank you. As you know there is always another side on a coin. Left hand wiew: show's the thumbrest and the single sided scope mount. The supporting hand get a very close grip to the line of bore. The gun is fitted with a new compensator. Planning on opening the last port on both sides.

RIMG0075.jpg

As I said before; the gun runs perfectly. It doesn't shoot completely flat, but it works :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantera II, 4.5" 38sc KKM barrel, V-6 compensator and L-Cut slide, blue powder coat - I've since replaced magwell with a Smoking Hole style and switched grips to STI aluminum. It shoots extremely flat and handles quick.

How is the powder coating holding up? Mainly interested in the comp, to see if it aides in cleaning or just looking cool. :)

Joe W.

I've been shooting it since October and the powder coat is holding up very well. Around the comp there is no pealing or chipping when I need to clean that area I don't use any solvents which would strip the powder coating - all I do is wipe it down with a lightly oiled rag.

My new ride! I just got the slide back from the machine shop yesterday. :-D

sweetness.JPG

Started life as a STI short block kit (slide, frame & barrel/comp) I bought it from Brazos so he had already done the comp cuts. I got really lucky in that I found an Aerospace/Prototype machine shop that would work on guns as side work. I put together the design taking ideas from Gans and Bedell that I liked and we created a cad drawing. It turned out better than I expected and love having a machine shop that will do what I want. It is still in the white and I have some finish work and tweaking to do yet. My pal Vince did the 20 Grit aluminum oxide grip for me, Ed Cameron reamed the chamber (I did not want to invest in a reamer just yet) and I did the rest!

Going out tomorrow to sight her in before our Thursday night club match where she will make her debut!

Parts list:

STI Short block kit, Ti Firing Pin, Grip safety

Cheely Mount

C&S Guts

SVI Long Flat Trigger

Aftec

Dawson ICE

Brown Ambi, Extended Mag release

C-More

sweetness.JPG

Started life as a STI short block kit (slide, frame & barrel/comp) I bought it from Brazos so he had already done the comp cuts. I got really lucky in that I found an Aerospace/Prototype machine shop that would work on guns as side work. I put together the design taking ideas from Gans and Bedell that I liked and we created a cad drawing. It turned out better than I expected and love having a machine shop that will do what I want. It is still in the white and I have some finish work and tweaking to do yet. My pal Vince did the 20 Grit aluminum oxide grip for me, Ed Cameron reamed the chamber (I did not want to invest in a reamer just yet) and I did the rest!

Going out tomorrow to sight her in before our Thursday night club match where she will make her debut!

Parts list:

Cheely Mount

C&S Guts

SVI Long Flat Trigger

Aftec

Dawson ICE

C-More

Looks coolcheers.gif What caliber??

sweetness.JPG

Parts list:

Cheely Mount

C&S Guts

SVI Long Flat Trigger

Aftec

Dawson ICE

C-More

very nice and clean...congrats :cheers:

sweetness.JPG

Parts list:

Cheely Mount

C&S Guts

SVI Long Flat Trigger

Aftec

Dawson ICE

C-More

very nice and clean...congrats :cheers:

Although not technically a standard open gun, I picked this Sig X-Five P226 Bianchi up recently and I figured you all might enjoy.

According to Sig this is only 1 of 3 that was ever imported into the US before Sig stopped production.

15czt2.jpg

Edited by mrwhite1

It started as a 38 super open gun with serendipity c-more, no slide lightening, with 4 port comp, hard chromed and came with 4 mags. I bought it from a fellow shooter from the Northeast for under seventeen hundred grand and it was almost brand new with only 750 rounds. Mr. Johnny Lim Limcatized it and put in a new barrel and comp, lightened the slide and frame, new c-more mount and c-more slide ride,new internal parts, bead blast and converted it to the so called Phantera II 9 major open gun. I don't know what kind of finish yet but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

post-3033-127957616525_thumb.jpg

It started as a 38 super open gun with serendipity c-more, no slide lightening, with 4 port comp, hard chromed and came with 4 mags. I bought it from a fellow shooter from the Northeast for under seventeen hundred grand and it was almost brand new with only 750 rounds. Mr. Johnny Lim Limcatized it and put in a new barrel and comp, lightened the slide and frame, new c-more mount and c-more slide ride,new internal parts, bead blast and converted it to the so called Phantera II 9 major open gun. I don't know what kind of finish yet but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Are the three bottom ports in the comp original to the gun? I never seen Johnny do those kind of ports.

Are the three bottom ports in the comp original to the gun? I never seen Johnny do those kind of ports.

Hi Davidp1911,

I believe this is a new comp design with the three bottom ports. Thanks.

The grips are stock wood grips that we just kept hitting with a wood rasp and some sandpaper until they felt right. The mag release button is an early factory paddle release, they have become a little hard to come by.

Edited by Bob Hostetter