Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Special Classifier Match

ParaJoe

Can someone give me a rundown of what we are supposed to do? I have read the part in the Fourth Edition Classifier book but I don't fully understand what is supposed to happen. Here's what I think. Pick 6 classifiers and fill out the paperwork from the classifier book. Mail said paperwork to area director for approval. Set up and shoot match. Send in reports from EZ Winscore and correspondance from area director. It seems cut and dry but I'm probably over thinking it. How much are we supposed to charge competitors to shoot the match? Do we have to shoot other stages or can it just be classifiers? Can someone shoot the match twice if he/she pays the fee? Like shooting it once in Limited, L-10, Open and so on so they can get a classification in each. I need help. No one to my knowledge has setup and run one of these so I want to give it a go. If this is in the wrong forum, please correct. Thanks for looking.

Joe

This kind of thing isn't well-described on the USPSA site for some reason.

It's your Section Coordinator that approves Special Classifier maches, not the AD.. We usually shoot 4 classifiers and a field course or two, so that's ok. Note that you can do up to 6, but the on-line application form only has 5 slots on it for some reason (the activity report form does have 6 slots..)

Reshoots for classification are ok though that varies a lot regionally, and charge whatever you want--- some clubs leave the match fee alone and take the hit as a service to the club shooters, some raise the fee a little to cover the extra. Some clubs just charge reshooters the extra classifier fees and only have them shoot the classifiers again since they aren't entered into the match total, and some clubs lets the reshooters reshoot the whole thing...

This kind of thing isn't well-described on the USPSA site for some reason.

Exactly. We have a few new shooters that would like to get classified and some that don't really like to drive 150+ miles to shoot out of town matches. So this would be perfect for them.

I was thinking we charge our usual 15$ for the match, and if a shooter wants to run the entire thing over again we can just charge them the appropriate fees. Thanks for the info. Any more from someone who has done one of these would be great. Keep it coming.

Joe