Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Sprinco Recoil Reducer.

jros3e

Glock is pretty much the LAST gun design you'd want to use a Sprinco or Recoilmaster type of system. Same goes for similar guns like Steyr, Sigma, M&P.

Glock you want the heaviest conventional recoil spring that runs okay for YOU shooting weak-hand-only. Glock is a pretty easy gun to short-stroke, depends a lot on who is shooting the gun.

No variable springs, no double-spring systems. You need the recoil spring to hold the gun closed while you pull the trigger.

Novak SS rod w/Wolff springs or CGR tungsten rod with ISMI springs - those are good choices. They weigh about the same.

Glock is pretty much the LAST gun design you'd want to use a Sprinco or Recoilmaster type of system. Same goes for similar guns like Steyr, Sigma, M&P.

Glock you want the heaviest conventional recoil spring that runs okay for YOU shooting weak-hand-only. Glock is a pretty easy gun to short-stroke, depends a lot on who is shooting the gun.

That’s exactly the experience I made, used a Sprinco (which I really love in my 40S&W STI) with a light spring. I noticed a drop in accuracy. So I looked close to what’s going on with gun and found out that slide starts moving backwards when pulling the trigger. Tried a softer trigger spring -> caused other problem and did even not fix the slide moving. Went back to standard glock spring but with a SS guide rod

cheers

chris

Has anyone tried Sprinco guide rod system?

I have a open glock 34 and i am thinking trying one with

my 15lb wolff spring.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

I got the one from norecoil.com and put it into my G35 (which I shoot 9mm out of with a Firedragon conversion barrel). So far, it has had zero problems. It is dual spring system and keeps the slide from impacting the frame going back. It's supposed to reduce felt recoil, but shooting stock 9mm ammo in a G-35 doesn't have a whole lot anyway.

The gun is amazingly accurate.

Thanks for your reply.

Tom Novak has build my gun so i have already his SS guide rod w/wolff spring.

A friend had tried sprinco to his STI open gun with excellent resalts.

So i had the idea to try it but after your reply i stay to my Novak rod.

Thanks.

my 15lb wolff spring.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Give Alan a call at Sprinco and talk to him about, use the springs that Alan suggests and can provide. If you don't like it after trying it, Alan refunds your purchase. So far everybody that has used any of the 8 Sprinco's that I've got installed, have gotten their own and have been happy.

Each to his own, you need to tweak it a little, I've got one G34 that has a hard time with the Sprinco, but with Alan's help, I've just about solved the problem and I expect it to function perfectly in the next couple of days. It may not be right for your style of shooting or your grip, but it's worth a try if you're not completly happy with your current system. I'm just now starting to use them in my single stacks and I can see an improvement in gun preformance with certain reloads.

Mike Sousa

my 15lb wolff spring.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Give Alan a call at Sprinco and talk to him about, use the springs that Alan suggests and can provide. If you don't like it after trying it, Alan refunds your purchase. So far everybody that has used any of the 8 Sprinco's that I've got installed, have gotten their own and have been happy.

Each to his own, you need to tweak it a little, I've got one G34 that has a hard time with the Sprinco, but with Alan's help, I've just about solved the problem and I expect it to function perfectly in the next couple of days. It may not be right for your style of shooting or your grip, but it's worth a try if you're not completly happy with your current system. I'm just now starting to use them in my single stacks and I can see an improvement in gun preformance with certain reloads.

Mike Sousa

Thanks dear Mike.

Finally i decide try one.I have just order it.

I will post resalts when i shoot it.

• 4 years later...

New here. Old to firearms.

I tried a Sprinco with a 16# in my 23 with a variety of factory load ammunition.

I experienced a lot of inconsistency with cycling.

Often the slide would short-stroke and fail to eject spent rounds.

I though I might have been limp wristing the grip because I experienced more failures during slow fire than rapid fire.

Switched back to stock spring guide, no problems.

Switched to tungsten guide rod with stock spring weight, no problems.

Even with 16# spring on tungsten, no problems.

Perhaps the Sprinco might work better with a lighter than stock spring.

I have no experience there and at this point for my purposes I have no need to experiment. I'm not using the 23 for anything but real world applications. Competition shooting is with a different pistol.

i do not shoOt glocks any move, but i still love the the sprinco, but you must use the sprinco recoil springs. get 2 G34's 1 with sprinco and the other stock or what ever. shoot them side by side and i promise will can tell a difference. we still use them in our M & P'S.

i hate the recoil master never could get it right.