Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Rocky Mountain 3-gun

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that we're getting pretty full! Get those applications in as soon as you can. I will start a waiting list and let you know where you are on it, if we're full by the time you get your application in.

We're heading down to Raton again in a week or so to finalize stage locations etc.

Check the website for the rules 'cause we changed one little thing. In Tactical, you may not use a drum mag. <_<

RM3G Website

Prize table is coming along nicely! Thanks to: JP Enterprises our major match sponsor, Sabre for all their extra help and support, R & R Racing, Bushmaster, MGM, Arredondo, Gram's Engineering, Armalite, Sierra, Trijicon, Brownell's, Brook's Tactical, Matt Burkett, Burris, Carroll's Targets, Cavalry Arms, Dave's Metal Works, LMS Defense, Nordic Components, and SureFire for sponsoring us so far! We think you'll really be pleased with all the FABULOUS prizes!

Remember, this year, we'll have the Coors Center available for sponsors Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If anyone is interested in sponsoring, please contact us at: rm3gun@yahoo.com

We're looking forward to seeing you all in September!! :D

Denise and JJ and all the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun Staff

• 2 weeks later...
After shooting the Johnson3-gun in Peublo I'll support Denice and JJ any time. They put on a great match and they're great people. Their matchs are definetly worth going to. Can't wait until the Raton match!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Ditto... :)

Well, your voices have been heard! I got almost 100 positive responses for having a barbeque on Friday night! So...we'll have one! But WAIT! It gets better! Sabre Defence has graciously offered to sponsor the FREE shooter's barbeque! Yeah! and Thanks to Grant Morgan and Sabre Defence! :cheers:

Heads Up: Bring your rifle sling if you have one. We will have slings that attach to your rifle without hardware available, but you will be slinging your empty rifle to start on one of the stages this year.

Questions? Write to us at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

We're getting pretty full...get those apps in. I'm hoping to be able to get everyone in without having to start a waiting list, so... the sooner the better. B)

Thanks again to all our sponsors, the big guy JP Enterprises and everyone else: Sabre, Trijicon, LMS Defense, Bushmaster, Arredondo, Carroll's Targets, Caspian, Cavalry Arms, Gram's Engineering, MGM, DPMS, R & R Racing, Brooks Tactical, Matt Burkett, Burris, Nordic Components, Proload, Redding, Surefire, SVI and Tripp Research for starters.

We're psyched for September! In fact, we've got 10 stages pending final approval from Whittington for an 8 stage match!

Denise and JJ

Heads Up: Bring your rifle sling if you have one. We will have slings that attach to your rifle without hardware available, but you will be slinging your empty rifle to start on one of the stages this year.

Details please: How will the rifle hang from the body at start ? Is the sling required to be used in the rest of the stage, or can it be jetissoned ? Can you post the stage description ?

You'll have a lot of freedom on how to hang the rifle at the start. You'll be shooting with your pistol while the rifle is slung. After you're done with your pistol, you'll be engaging some medium-long range rifle targets after loading your rifle.

We can't post the stages yet, as we have 10 or 11 stages in with Whittington right now for them to okay. We'll only have 8 stages at the match, and we have to narrow things down.

I think you'll really enjoy the stages we have in mind. There'll be more multi-gun stages this year and more long rifle. We're hoping to have 2 - 400+ yard stages, and a few others with 100 or more yard rifle shots. We're looking at some new and BEAUTIFUL locations!

Hope this helps!

Denise

I should find out today if I'll be able to get out there this year. (hopefully still a few open slots :unsure: ) Never been, just read some articles about it.

Does anyone have any pics of previous matches so I might get an idea of what might to expect.

Thanks, BW

If you do a search here, you should be able to come up with some photo's of RM3G as well as some old threads with some video of a couple of stages.

Last year was my first year, brought the wife along and stayed in a camper at the Whittington Center. My wife insisted we go back this year. Just the campgrounds is worth the trip.

The shooting was fun because of the different type of terrain. I had done a lot of running prior to going out there so was somewhat prepared for the high altitude lack of oxygen. Getting there two days ahead of time also helped with becoming more acclimated. If you are coming from the flat ground I would be prepared for a lot of huffing and puffing. Hard to shoot long range rifle when you are turning blue from lack of oxygen.

Last year on one of the stages, shooters were preparing for the stage and had a mule deer that was being chased by a mountain lion, run through the course. Pretty cool.

Make the trip, you won't regret it.

Payne

That's right Jim. Thursday thru Saturday, 6, 7 AND 8 September.

The match is getting closer to full by the day, probably will have to start a waiting list soon...so to stay off the waiting list, don't wait. :blink:

Stages are pretty much set, we have 10 planned out and will be using the best 8 for the match as usual. Bring lots of ammo, at least 150 of each +35 slugs. Lots of longer rifle shots, 6 of the 8 stages will be multi-gun.

(HINT: know your zeros! rifle out to 400yds and beyond, shotgun slugs out to 100, and pistol out to 50!)

Bring a standard 2 point sling for your rifle.

Prize table is coming along nicely... ;)

Shooter's BBQ is set for friday right after shooting, FREE for shooters thanks to Sabre Defence!

Remember, all stages are in natural terrain and spread out over several miles of the NRAWC (6000-7000 feet elevation), so be prepared for bumpy dirt roads to stages (leave your Ferrari at home), have sun screen AND rain gear, bug repelent, water, etc.

There will be a food vendor on site at the main scoring area/Coors Center for lunches.

and BTW, this will be the 5th Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Match, Match sponsor JP Enterprises!

see yall there!

jj

www.rm3g.com

rm3gun@yahoo.com

There's no rule about the kind of sling, as long as it's safe...but a one point sling is going to be tricky as you are shooting your pistol and moving while your empty rifle is slung. You may have to shoot pistol one handed! :blink:

JJ visualized slung on back, but...it's up to you!

See ya' in September!

Denise

Don't read too much into the sling requirement... Its just a way to carry the rifle while you are shooting pistol. The rifle will be empty until you need it.

7.5 shot on poppers? probably ok... not sure about 20 guage thou :devil:

(just kidding)

jj

Well I wanted to be a geezer shooting (she man)...he man with scope.

The wife however wants to shoot the mouse gun...sooo I guess we will be in open.

Really looking forward to meeting all you fine folks!

Jim

Oopps! Sorry folks but I just messed this up playing with My Controls. I guess one should know how to run a computer before playing!!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone in Raton, my personal "Heaven on Earth"!! :cheers:

Edited by CURTM

CURTM, its been a long time, i've seen your dad more than i've seen you. must be all those african safari's.

See you soon

Trapr

Trapr,

I only wish it was because I was on safari!! We have been crazy busy here at Trijicon this summer, which doesn't leave much free time to get to the matches.

Dad said he got to visit with everyone at the CMMG Match. I wanted to make it to that one, but my schedule just wouldn't allow it this year. I'm planning on making it next year. Heck I got a free place to stay, Dad said I could sleep out in the barn with the horses!!

I'm flying Dad out for the RM 3 Gun for some much needed Father-Son time. Don't know why but he think's you 3 Gun Slingers are the cat's meow :cheers:

I'm really looking forward to seeing eveyone in Raton in September.

Hey Curt

I am glad you are shooting this match!! You work toooooo much! :) cya there!!

Cheryl :)

Cheryl,

I think I have one of the best jobs in the world, so no complaints from this boy!! Good luck to you and Rod at the DMPS Match coming up.

See ya soon.