Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6th Icore International Postal Match

The match package for this match can be downloaded from www.ICORE.org

This match is the main postal match on the ICORE calendar. Its open to any revolver shooter not just ICORE members. If you have not tried ICORE before then think about giving it a try with this postal.

Vic Pickett has been the winner of this match for the last 5 years, will his reign as winner continue this year?

Good Luck

Paul Kennedy

We'll plan to do it in OKC. Septembers' match will be the latest Aussie match. So it will probably be October.

Our matches are the 4th Saturdays of each month, so November and December fall on holiday weekends. We'll likely shoot anyway with November being the Shoppin Mall Refugee match and December being the Santa Claus sectional.

Hmmm. Have to give that some thought....

Waltermitty whats the dates/times on the October Match?

You going up to the Iowa Revo Only Match?

Thinking of trying to con, hmmm I mean intice, the guys down here into letting me run the Postal after a regular match. I'm fairly active in 2 clubs, so I should be able to get it set for one of them.

You don't have to be an affiliated ICORE club to submit the postal results do you?

You don't have to be an affiliated ICORE club to submit the postal results do you?

Here in MA there are three of us that get together and send in our scores. We are members, but not an affiliated club. I may be wrong, but I think all you need is a NROI Range Officer to certify results. The three of us are certified.

This newest Postal looks interesting. It should be a lot of fun.

Regards,

Waltermitty whats the dates/times on the October Match?

You going up to the Iowa Revo Only Match?

Thinking of trying to con, hmmm I mean intice, the guys down here into letting me run the Postal after a regular match. I'm fairly active in 2 clubs, so I should be able to get it set for one of them.

Our October match will be the 28th, sign in at 9:30 am. First time shooters are free, set up help that shows up around 7:30 am pays $5.00 and regular match fee is $10.00.

I haven't planned at this point to go to Iowa. That's a pretty long haul for me for a one day match. Things could change, but I've got a vacancy coming up in a rental house with some other projects that need to be attended to and I'm working the Open Nationals in Tulsa the following week so it may not work out. I'd love to do it but my plate is pretty full for October.

I don't think ICORE affiliation is required for postal matches and it seems like the first one or two I shot were just set up and sent in by Bubber. I know I wasn't a member and they went ahead and ranked and listed me with everybody else.

Affiliation is pretty easy/cheap. You need three ICORE members and $35.00 to become a bona-fide club. ICORE didn't push it, but it can help with some publicity on their web site and some informational materials they send you including the current classifier book.

Maybe the November or December match will be another classifier match. The one we did in January worked out pretty well.

http://www.icore.org/

I guess I should ask what club in OKlahoma?

Website?

I hear you on the Iowa Match, it is a long drive for a placque only match. But, I am hauling at least 2 others with me to it. Leaving that morning, ROAD TRIP! I think it's kind of neat, and important, to attend just because I want to see Revolver Division grow.

I heard El Conquistador, and his band of merry makers, were going to make an appearance. It should be fun.

Dave

Edited by pskys2

I may be wrong, but I think all you need is a NROI Range Officer to certify results. The three of us are certified.

Actually you don't have to have an NROI Range Officer. It's suggested but many clubs don't have one around. Just get a friend to run you through the stages. ICORE trusts you.

I guess I should ask what club in OKlahoma?

Website?

I hear you on the Iowa Match, it is a long drive for a placque only match. But, I am hauling at least 2 others with me to it. Leaving that morning, ROAD TRIP! I think it's kind of neat, and important, to attend just because I want to see Revolver Division grow.

I heard El Conquistador, and his band of merry makers, were going to make an appearance. It should be fun.

Dave

So sorry: http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/

The one thing that would convince me to make the trip would be to see the Revolutionary Fathers, I'll probably just have to settle for a quick visit in Barry. ;)

You lucky dog, going to the Revolver Nationals. Looks like 35 competitors, 2 GM & 5 M, including Tom Kettels, Nils Johnason, Jerry Miculek, the 3 amigos, yourself. Man it looks like a real dog fight brewing.

Maybe next year!

Just to remove any doubt some of you may have, you do not have to be a member of ICORE to compete.

The host club does not have to be affiliated with ICORE.

You don't need a NROI range officer and as mentioned before, ICORE trusts you.

Just be honest. This match is run for fun and the promotion of ICORE revolver shooting. This postal match gives anyone on the planet a chance to compete. Just follow the rules and enjoy the match.

Paul Kennedy

Just to remove any doubt some of you may have, you do not have to be a member of ICORE to compete.

The host club does not have to be affiliated with ICORE.

You don't need a NROI range officer and as mentioned before, ICORE trusts you.

Just be honest. This match is run for fun and the promotion of ICORE revolver shooting. This postal match gives anyone on the planet a chance to compete. Just follow the rules and enjoy the match.

Paul Kennedy

+1. Don't miss it. B)

I think I'll ask the guys at the matches here this weekend if they would like to try it with me. There is no ICORE group close to us (Farmington NM) but if we like it, maybe we can try to start an ICORE club. (I think the range has an open Saturday on the calendar eack month)

Take care,

DM

• 3 months later...

The 2006 ICORE International Postal Match is still running. You have until the 31st of December to shoot it and get the scores back to me. Over 300 revolver shooters have shot it so far. Details can be found at www.icore.org

Regards

Paul Kennedy

Paul how long after 12/31 before we see the results? Will it be delayed due to a massive explosion of Mirth & Cheer that night?

:D:D:D

Is it true that the top 10 in each Division get an ALL Expense Paid Trip to the IRC!?! Or is it just the Entry (as long as you work the match and shoot on Thursday)? :P

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year All!

pskys2

The overall results for this postal should be out 1st or 2nd week in January. As for the free entry idea for the IRC for the top 10 in each division. Personally I think it a great idea, I might suggest it to Nelson. But on the other hand, would you really want another 20 Aussies at the IRC.

Merry Christmas

Regards

Paul Kennedy

Hmmmm! pjk sounds kind'a like a challenge?

I ran them already also, had 13 competitiors (that regular monthly IPSC match had 16). Those HC Targets kept me from a decent score. Guess I'll sight in correctly next time.

It was fun shooting minor PF loads and not gettin' beat up with the heavy stuff, nor paying a points penalty.

I see'd thet Bubber & WalterMitty have shot it too. My scores about halfway between the two.

Looking forward to the next set.

We shot it Sunday in Augusta. Had 11 shooters. The club manager hasn't posted the scores yet and as an "experienced revolver shooter" I was brushing the cylinder instead of checking the score sheets. Waiting to see how I did.

Paul