Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pf For Heavy Metal

jacobjrl76

I was thinking of shooting in the area 6 3 gun in november and I saw they have a heavy metal division. I looked on their website and it says that heavy metal must be .308 caliber, but it did not say anything about the pf. I was wondering what I have to make.

Thanks

What George said.

The rifle segment of the 2006 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun match will be operating by the USPSA 2004 Rifle Rules.

These rules clearly state major power factor at 320 and we will chrono at the match. I did not list that point just as I did not list the power factor for minor. This is a USPSA match. We'll play by USPSA rules. That keeps things simply. I know that there is often some variations out there concerning what you can use at a particular match; but, the USPSA doesn't support playing outside their rules at their matches. This is a USPSA Level III match. We will follow the rules as closely as we can. USPSA now has rules for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Hope to see you at the match. If your not familiar with USPSA rules and pf issues, check out their web site.

Mark Hearn

2006 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun Match Director

Edited by mhearn

What George said.

The rifle segment of the 2006 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun match will be operating by the USPSA 2004 Rifle Rules.

These rules clearly state major power factor at 320 and we will chrono at the match. I did not list that point just as I did not list the power factor for minor. This is a USPSA match. We'll play by USPSA rules. That keeps things simply. I know that there is often some variations out there concerning what you can use at a particular match; but, the USPSA doesn't support playing outside their rules at their matches. This is a USPSA Level III match. We will follow the rules as closely as we can. USPSA now has rules for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Hope to see you at the match. If your not familiar with USPSA rules and pf issues, check out their web site.

Mark Hearn

2006 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun Match Director

Ok, thanks, I admit I am really new to 3 gun ( I have only shot in one match) and I don't know much about it. I compete in the pistol matches, but the 3 gun matches are hard to find. I was looking for one when I saw the are 6 match. I will probably just shoot my ole ar and go limited, but I do thank yall for the information. I still can not find the part about power factors for rifles, I think my computer does not like me very much, but thanks for the info. I am trying to figure out every thing that I need too before I come over there to shoot is yall's match. Hopefully I will get it figured out in time.

Thanks again fellas,

Jake