Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp-15 Compared To Ctr-02

KentG

Is the CTR THAT much better than their JP-15 line? More specificly do they use the same barrels? Im mulling over buying a one of the JP-15 uppers in a medium contour 18" to put on my Colt 16". I already have a JP trigger/hammer in this gun so I cant see buying the whole rifle and the CTR is over twice the price of just a JP15 upper. Leaves more money for optics.

I've never understood why anyone would spend that much on a complete rifle from JP. I've got two rifles with DPMS lowers and JP-15 Uppers. I've got less money into each rifle with optics than a CTR without. Both will hold less than 1/2 inch with the right ammo. I just don't see any reason to spend the extra money, other than they are really pretty.

The barrels are the same, the triggers are the same, the accuracy is the same.

The CTR02 is just trick, its the Ferrari of AR15's. The fit and finish is first rate. It also has the ability to mount an ACOG on the rail just a bit lower.

I own a JP-15 which is leaps and bounds above most other AR's, but want a CTR02 just because its so sexy and I enjoy owning the best.

Its like the difference between a Glock and a Brazos limited gun, they both do the same thing now don't they.

Edited by blkbrd