Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where To Get 10rd .40 For Single Stacks?

steel1212

I don't think you can get 10 rounders and still be legal for Single Stack.

Seems like you have to decide Limited 10, or SS...

I know that but I can't get classified in Single stack so I have to shoot L10 and need 10 rounders to do that :P

Sorry - didn't understand that part.. rather than buying 2 sets of mags.. If you want to shoot Single Stack, just buy the 9's and use them in Limited 10. You only loose 1 round.

Otherwise, if you want 2 buy 2 sets:

Metalform's should work. Someone else pointed these out to me.. (I'm looking for good 9 rounders)

I've been looking for mags as well and I think I'm going to order a few Tripp mags. I have 6 of the 8 round metalforms and only 2 are worth using. It seems that their follower isn't quite designed right for my gun (SA Loaded) or something. I can use just about any mag including .45 mags without problems except Metalforms. .45 mags are also good for 9 rounds of .40 if you have any laying around.

you dont really need 10 rounds to shoot L10...ten is the Max, not the requisite

Harmon

Yeah, that is true. I would like to have at least 9. I did ok yesterday against the L10 guys with my 9mm 1911 just lost a bunch of points do to minor and absolutly screwing the classifier stage :angry:

Will 9 rounds of 40 fit in 7 round .45 mags or do you have to have the 8rders?

Just get 9 rd. .40 mags, and shoot L-10 w/ them. In reality, its only going to nick you occasionally, as I find myself reloading after 8 rounds the vast majority of the time anyway.

Then you're only spending money on mags once. If you really feel desperate about the extra round, buy one or two 10 round mags, and use them for L-10.

For SS, load the 9 rounders to 8 rounds, and you're fine.

Just get 9 rd. .40 mags, and shoot L-10 w/ them. In reality, its only going to nick you occasionally, as I find myself reloading after 8 rounds the vast majority of the time anyway.

Then you're only spending money on mags once. If you really feel desperate about the extra round, buy one or two 10 round mags, and use them for L-10.

For SS, load the 9 rounders to 8 rounds, and you're fine.

are the sti .40 mags 9rds?

The STI factory mag I have is a MecGar and it holds 8 rounds - and only allows short loaded (ie, SAAMI spec) .40...

So would I be better off to get 10mm mags?

Also what would be the best 9rd 10mm mags if that is the way to go?

10MM magazines..

I tried McCromicks.. um.. less than satisfactory

I just ordered one each of the Metalforms (one with metal follower, holds 8; one with nylon follower, holds 9)

And a Tripp 9 rounder. See which ones feed the best. I know one magazine isn't a great test, but it's something...

Seems like different pistols like different magazines.

I have a lot of Tripp .40 mags both 10 and 8 rounders.

They work great. The 8 rounders fit in the box. I thought my 10 rounders also fitted but I could be wrong.

I think the SS rule for major is 8 rounds in the mag and it has to fit in the box, you can down load the 10 rounders if it fits in the box.

I have a lot of Tripp .40 mags both 10 and 8 rounders.

They work great. The 8 rounders fit in the box. I thought my 10 rounders also fitted but I could be wrong.

I think the SS rule for major is 8 rounds in the mag and it has to fit in the box, you can down load the 10 rounders if it fits in the box.

I know that in SS your only allowed 8 rounds thats no problem. And I'm pretty sure chip and metal form have flush fitting 9rders for 10mm if I'm not mistaken.

I know that but I can't get classified in Single stack so I have to shoot L10 and need 10 rounders to do that :P

Why? Generally Classifier stages require no more than 8 rounds before a mandatory

reload. If all you want to do is get classified in L10 so you can be classified in

Single Stack, you don't need any 10 rd mags. Use your money to buy more

regular mags---I carry 6 8rd mags when shooting SS, and it's certainly not too

many!

Why? Generally Classifier stages require no more than 8 rounds before a mandatory

reload. If all you want to do is get classified in L10 so you can be classified in

Single Stack, you don't need any 10 rd mags. Use your money to buy more

regular mags---I carry 6 8rd mags when shooting SS, and it's certainly not too

many!

True. I've only shot 2 matches and didn't think about it that way lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know that in SS your only allowed 8 rounds thats no problem. And I'm pretty sure chip and metal form have flush fitting 9rders for 10mm if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, you're only limited to 8 rounds in SS if you shoot major..... if you shoot minor, the limit is 10 if your mags fit the box.

So I guess, if Tripp 10 rd .10mm/.40 mags fit the box, is the question (I doubt they do)?..... because shooting with 10 +1 in minor .40 in SS might be pretty fun also. :P

Edited by sfinney