Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone See Pardini's At Ipsc Style Matches

Yeah, I know a guy who started out with a GT9. He shoots an STI Edge today. I think one of the reasons he changed was because of the magazine capacity.

Mag capacity? I don't get german really good but it seems to me that in that page it says 17rounds of 9mm; 13 of .40 and 13 of .45.

"Magazinkapazität: 9x19 mit 17 Schuss, 40S&W mit 13 Schuss, 45ACP mit 13 Schuss in 5" erhältlich. "

I reckon those 13 rounds of .40 are low when shooting limited, but that's out of the box, with no basepads or anything... It should be interesting to see how many you can cram there ina 140mm limited legal mag...

If I recall correctly, a STI with 126mm mags will also load 13 rounds of .40.

And, there's also the IPSC model, that according to the text there loads 17+1 of .40 (in IPSC Standard "fit-the-box" configuration).

"IPSC –Pistole im Kal. 40 S&W mit 5" Feld-Zug-Lauf, Jet-Funnel, Druckpunktloser IPSC– Abzug, Magazinverlängerung Kapazität 17+1, inkl. 2 Magazine"

On everything else, I agree.... Considering one can have a nice STI with SOME tweaking (not full house custom) for those U$S 2000, I'd go with the STI in a heartbeat.

Vincent,

no first-hand info here so please take this with a grain of salt.

A few years ago (3 or 4 probably) Pardini made an attempt to enter the IPSC shooting world with those guns, and a few local shooters used those guns in competition.

The reports I heard were not very favourable: the basic complain was (apart from mag capacity, as already noted) they were not reliably working, and they were not able to withstand the abuse we normally do on IPSC guns.

AFAIK, apart from few die-hard fans of these guns (mostly in Open and Production division), Pardinis totally disappeared from our matches.

Edited by Skywalker

Vincent,

no first-hand info here so please take this with a grain of salt.

A few years ago (3 or 4 probably) Pardini made an attempt to enter the IPSC shooting world with those guns, and a few local shooters used those guns in competition.

The reports I heard were not very favourable: the basic complain was (apart from mag capacity, as already noted) they were not reliably working, and they were not able to withstand the abuse we normally do on IPSC guns.

AFAIK, apart from few die-hard fans of these guns (mostly in Open and Production division), Pardinis totally disappeared from our matches.

We have one here in Denmark attempting IPSC with his GT9. It's educational to watch him shoot because you'll see every type of malfunction known and not known to man. B):D

Vincent

I have owned a GT45 and whilst it was a very nice to fire and accurate straight out of the box it suffered from malfunctions on a regular basis.

One of the scariest was when the hammer had a tendency to drop on its own.

They are also a fairly large gun.

I now use a custom STI.

AJ

• 2 years later...