Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
standles

Just Purchased Studio 8

Ok:

Since I am taking some calses at the junior college this semester I decided to take advantage of my educatonal status and purchase the academic version of Studio8.

The software I ordered came in but seems to be just the disks (I haven't opened it yet incase I need to return). Did the products quit shipping with hard copy refernce/guides?

If so what other sources (books training CD's) do you reccomend for me to get started with?

Thanks for taking the time to help an old dog learn new tricks.

Steven

I don't know anything about Studio 8, but most software these days has all the documentation in PDF format on the installation discs. Very few things have any sort of manual at all in printed form any more. They are sometimes available(at additional cost, of course) from the publisher.

Arnie

Yup, PDF downloadable at the Adobe/Macromedia website, or on the discs.

I bought Studio 8 as a download and took the PDF from the website. Studio MX (7) I bought as a full retail box and it also had the user guides as PDF on the discs.

Welcome to the learning curve. Be glad you are not trying to learn Macromedia Director. That learning curve is level with a plumb bob ;-)

Thanks for the pointers. I will look tonight when I install it and either they are on the disk or I can get them from the website.

Since studio 8 is just the collection of dreamweaver,flash,contribute etc..

Any reccomendations for third party books to learn ddreamweaver 8 from? Usually the adobe/macromedia books are so-so. I have also heard to stay away from any books published by "straight from the source" as they usually contain erros.

thanks again.

Steven