Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crspeed Allows Trigger To Be Seen

sidnal

I use a CR Speed holster for limited with both my STI and Para. For both guns, when the holster is completely adjusted a small portion of the trigger is visable...between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch. There is no way you could get your finger in there, but I'm worried that this might be DQable in a big match. I have noticed that most 1911's show some trigger with the CR Speed holster. The alternative is to lower the muzzle platform and then the gun is not as secure, it wiggles.

The rule book (P15) says It must cover the trigger guard and hold the gun securely...". The gun is secure, but some trigger still shows.

Is this legal?

I realize that this could also be posted in the Gear forum too, but I want to understand the rule.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

If the holster allows a small portion of the trigger to be seen, but prevents one's fingers from entering far enough to activate the trigger, it's good to go.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

If the holster allows a small portion of the trigger to be seen, but prevents one's fingers from entering far enough to activate the trigger, it's good to go.

Thanks much for the information. John A would have told me to go search the rule book (I've had the RO lev1 class). I'll dig deeper next time!

can you see the face of the trigger is what a lot of people look for. As long as the gun is reasonabally safe your good to go.

my tanfoglio has a square trigger and sits a little higher. you CAN see the face of the trigger on that gun. which would not hae been legal since It was almost to a point a small finger or object could make it go Bang.

Archived