Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Uspsa Web Services

I've added a couple of new services to www.uspsa.org:

#1: If your major match has an upload area, you may post stage diagrams (PDFs only) on a self-service basis. Just go to the results area for your match via the members page and you'll see an upload link.

#2: Clubs may now post their entire LOCAL match schedule on-line. This is a new service in addition to major listings. Go to http://www.uspsa.org/classifier_services/ and select "Edit Club Info/Schedule" in the left column.

Once there is sufficient local match data, I'll add a feature to "generate a match schedule, sorted by date, listing all matches within N miles of my zip code" where you can specify what "N" is.

I've added a couple of new services to www.uspsa.org:

#1: If your major match has an upload area, you may post stage diagrams (PDFs only) on a self-service basis. Just go to the results area for your match via the members page and you'll see an upload link.

#2: Clubs may now post their entire LOCAL match schedule on-line. This is a new service in addition to major listings. Go to http://www.uspsa.org/classifier_services/ and select "Edit Club Info/Schedule" in the left column.

Once there is sufficient local match data, I'll add a feature to "generate a match schedule, sorted by date, listing all matches within N miles of my zip code" where you can specify what "N" is.

Rob,

I get this error when I try that:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(match_date)) AS hour, MINUTE(TIM

Rob,

when I started the World Ranges database project, you adviced that the USPSA website might have given the opportunity to add club ranges coordinates, to help locating them (and these coordinates would have been publicly available through the public section of the USPSA website).

Has this option been discarded?

Is there a chance it will be implemented in the next future?

I'll have the SQL error fixed tonite.

I would like to add range coordinates - the current problem is that the actual club address does not exist in the database at Sedro. I'll add a feature to allow clubs to list the actual facility address in their profile, and then use the ZIP=>ICBM coordinate database USPSA buys for about $60/year to insert the coordinates. Thanks for reminding me.

Rob

I think I have it fixed now (there was a subtle difference in the configuration of the web server and my development system).

I'll add the "generate my local match calendar" feature later. For now, the club schedules will be available immediately after posting in the USPSA Club Finder - just look up the clubs for your state or zip code and you'll see the schedule.

This is an optional service. The degree to which it becomes useful to USPSA Members (particularly travelling members looking for local matches while stuck out of town on business or visiting in-laws) all depends on the number of clubs which choose to use this service.

If you enter the schedule for your club, PLEASE keep it up to date.

Although the system leaves old matches in the database, the clubfinder listing will exclude matches a day or two after the listed match date.

How do we get our match on there ? No Ohio match on the results area. :unsure:

How do we get our match on there ? No Ohio match on the results area. :unsure:

Club contacts may add local matches on their own using a club password issued by Roger Maier. Local match results are organized by club and date - not "match name."

Major matches use a results area which is set up in advance, and kept in a separate "major match" area. Only "Major Match Results" support the stage diagram upload feature.

Rob,

I just tried to upload our schedule and a few notes. Did the find club, enter club code, club name and password. The system let me in, but when I hit Update, I got a No CLUBID message and the info was not saved.

I hope that this works, I'd like to be able to check schedules when I travel. Its not often, but any chance to shoot a different match is one I try to take.

Thanks for all the work you do on the web for USPSA. It really makes us stand apart fom the crowd.

Jim

Rob,

While my Major match (Ohio Section) is on the Major match announcements page, it is not on the Major match results page.

?

You need to have your stats person request an upload area (email rob@boudrie.com or webmaster@uspsa.org - the former gets to me more quickly) and it will be set up for you.