Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do I Find Rimfire Mag Pouches?

ddj8052

I just got back from the Steel challenge and am kicking myself for not asking there, but where can I find the .22 mag pouches everyone seemed to be using. I am building a Ruger 22/45 as an open gun for Steel and would like to find some pouches for holding the extra mags. I have searched all over and can not seem to find anything. Please let me know what everyone is using. Thanks Juan.

They had them there for sale. They are made by CA Competition Works. I had a web address but I haven't unpacked all my stuff yet.

Kevin

I went to CA Competition Works website and they do have them listed on the webiste. I will have to call them. Do you or anyone know of anyother place? Thanks Juan.

I should have asked and bought one at steel challenge also.

Where do you see it on their website? The only thing that looks close to me is the AR-15 mag pouch, but I would think that would be too tall and not wide enough to accomodate 5 .22 mags. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a .22 steel match this weekend and one of the guys had a tool pouch from a hardware store. It had separations in it for screwdrivers and he put his 5 mags in it. The bigger pouch he just dumped a box of ammo in it. He didn't have to carry anything because it was all around the belt. This is what I'm doing next time.

Joe

I have a holster/mag pouch set-up for an S_I. To accomodate my other guns I pull the S_I holster off, slide on the new holster, and fill the mag pouches with cardboard of the correct thickness held in place with a loop of tape. If you want to get fancy you can go to a craft store and buy foam board of the correct thickness (and color)! It tends to hold the mags more securely than the cardboard (the cardboard gets squished thinner over time).