Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"barber Pole" - Production Legal?

BR

23 hours ago, JAFO said:

This is the aftermarket hammer thing all over again - allowing something before the rules have been amended to allow it. 

Both the latest revision of App D4 and the published ruling above do not allow changes to the frame finish that give competitive advantage.  If they were planning on allowing it along with all the other changes to Production, they forgot.  But until they remove the ruling and amend the appendix - again (and how about allowing replacement of OEM decocking levers from other approved guns, while you're at it), you can't just ignore the ruleset that everyone is using.

Agreed.  If the BoD and DNROI want to improve the sport by issuing a lot more official rulings then I can totally get behind that, but the apparent tendency of this DNROI to play fast and loose with the written rules by issuing "interpretations" that are plainly contrary to the rules as written is disconcerting. Unfortunately, I suspect the only way this  is going to change is for ROs, CROs and RMs in the field to stop honoring these interpretations and start enforcing rules based on a plain reading of the rules and published rulings. Until we are willing to push back, and competitors feel the pain of these contradictions (and thus start to put pressure on the BoD), this is unfortunately just going to get worse. I hate to think that our competitors will end up getting the short end of the stick, because they don't deserve it, but I struggle to see any other way this is going to get resolved :(

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Maybe someone should call or email troy about this. Could have just been a simple mistake on his part. Production and Cheap Open are the 2 most hard to keep up with divisions. Seems like every time a company comes out with something new the rules change...

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I sent an email to Troy yesterday.  I'll let you all know what he says when (if) I get a response.

IF, being the key. I sent him one a while ago and never got a response. 

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

I don't see any restrictions regarding finishes for SS, and it's not subject to the "it must be specifically allowed or it's prohibited" rule that Prod has.

OK....Thanks....As far as my Production guns go I'm avoiding the "barber pole" until something comes out in writing.  I'm picturing myself telling a RO....."but I read it on the Enos Forum......"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a reply back today...

We are working on that in the new rule set, where it will be allowed.  I've discussed it with the board, and they see no competitive advantage in paint or marks inside a mag well.  Neither do I.  I may issue a ruling on it since we have several months before new rules will take effect.  Currently, however, per the ruling issued a few years ago, it's technically not legal.

Troy