Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson "protector"-which Adjustable Sight?

C. Haggard

I have a Wilson Combat "Protector" with fixed Novak tritium sights. I am trying to purchase a Bomar adj. but no one seems to know which one would fit without machining. Or is it not possible. If not Bomar than what would you recommend? I'm planning on a Dawson fiber optic front to use for IDPA/IPSC cmpetitions. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bomar does not make a sight to fit the Novak cut that I can find. The Bomar BMCS cut will not clean up the Novak cut.

Not even the Novak adjustable will fit the Novak Low-Mount cut without more milling.

MMC and Champion do make adjustable sights for the Novak cut.

The no-dovetail Wilson sight that looks like a Bomar or the special order flat bottom Bomar might can be made to work, contact Wilson or other gunsmith.

How about a fibre optic front sight the right height to zero with your Novak fixed rear?

IDPA and IPSC don't really call for adjustable sights, fixed sights that are on target are fine.

I have a Wilson Combat "Protector" with fixed Novak tritium sights. I am trying to purchase a Bomar adj. but no one seems to know which one would fit without machining. Or is it not possible. If not Bomar than what would you recommend? I'm planning on a Dawson fiber optic front to use for IDPA/IPSC cmpetitions. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Check out: www.championgunsights.com

They have a full offering of adjustible sights that fit a Novak cut.