Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats The "new" Replacement Optic For The Old Simmons Pro-di

STI

Just like the title says guys. I have been looking at a Leupold VX1 1-4x 20 "Turkey Plex" Reticule but wondered what the replacement for above optic is as seem to be out of production. I don't want to spend a lot on an optic if it's not necessary. I know you get what you pay for I already have a VXIII 4.5 - 14 x 40 LR

Mike

Just like the title says guys. I have been looking at a Leupold VX1 1-4x 20 "Turkey Plex" Reticule but wondered what the replacement for above optic is as seem to be out of production. I don't want to spend a lot on an optic if it's not necessary. I know you get what you pay for I already have a VXIII 4.5 - 14 x 40 LR

Mike

There are several topics out there on this, (do a search on tactical scope) I believe the Meopta, Weaver, and the Leupold one you mentioned along with the Leupold CQT are the most popular from doing a search. The weaver would be the bargain brand but I believe its only 1-3 mag. Trijicon also has a 1-4. And if money isn't an option you could go with the Scmidt and Bender :) but isn't it always a factor, lol.

The meopta is really nice, best 1x I have looked through, and at 4x its nice and crisp. Qualtiy optics all around. Also has really good field of view. A bit on the pricey side, somewhere in the $700 range, which is a bargin compared to the Scmidt and Bender.

I think simmons is still making a 1.5-5x marketed as a shotgun scope, i don't know if that is the same one you are talking about, but swfa has them.

The Weaver 1x3 is an excellent scope for the money and works well for 3-gun.

Problem is they are out of production. Good news (maybe) is the Midway rep who was on my squad at DPMS told me that if somebody wants to pony up an order of 500 units, Weaver will make another run.