Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Reset Problem

Bryan Mc Evilly

Anyone come across this or offer solution.

This weekend while shooting the trigger failed to reset from slide lock, no problems while shooting otherwise.Also failed to reset while unloaded from slide lock.

Was pretty dirty as I had put about 1000 rds through since cleaning.Am using slide glide which was manky when i cleaned it.

Any ideas?

Not sure you have an actual problem. The Glock trigger only resets itself if the slide is forward, also it will stay reset if it's already forward & you lock the slide without firing the last round - the trigger safety holds it forward is why.

Did your trigger fail to reset once the slide was closed?

Weird - I've never seen that but someone on the Forum probably has.

For sure a parts-related problem, not a dirty-gun problem.

It is 2 different sequences of events - firing, holding the trigger back, slide closes, trigger released forward

vs

not holding the trigger back, slide closes, striker doesn't catch the trigger bar & push it forward where normally it should catch.

Your trigger safety is not functioning? If that is what your saying, check your trigger reset spring. My G35 was doing this just before the spring broke. Check it at both ends right where the spring starts to coil. How many rounds do you have through your gun. Any trigger kits or mods and more important what mods or parts do you have installed. Any and all list them. Flexmoney stated that changing any three of the trigger components can lead to this and other problems, and he couldnt be more right. :lol:

Not sure I understand the problem. Do you mean that you can rack the slide, pull the trigger and hold it back, rack the slide again, let the trigger out, and it doesn't come out enough to engage the trigger safety? If so, I had that on both my G22 and G17 (2nd gen.) with the RS kit. Also, sometimes the trigger safety on the G22 would jam against the back of the frame, freezing the trigger until I took my finger off for a moment. I was running stock recoil springs. I ended up taking out the RS trigger bar and return spring and run stock lower, modified upper. Still pretty light trigger pull. Not everybody has this problem, it's just one of those things with drop-in parts. Even in Glock, there are enough variances in manufacturing that the safest bet is going to be custom fit parts.

No, the problem is only when the pistol is unloaded.

Remove mag, lock slide to the rear,release slide forward and no trigger reset,

have to manually rack slide again to reset trigger.only happens when you lock slide to the rear not when you rack rack it.

Dont have the problem whilst shooting

While I experienced it in a G22 Gen 2 I did not test it on all of my G3 frames just the one G35. Since you are having issues with your Gen 3 frame it seems like the problem is not unique to Gen 2 frames.

BTW, I no longer use the RS trigger I continue to use Vanek's Limited/Open and Production legal triggers since they have proven themselves to work consistently over time.

RYUCASTA nailed it on the head. The trigger kit you have installed can cause this to happen. The Vanek kit is a quality part, he answers his phone and if he doesnt he will call you back very quickly. Very satisfied with his kit and you should give him a call. He will explain it (your problems with your current kit) in a very southern way.

:blink:

and all you have to do is pay twice as much and wonder about the legality of it for your particular division.

Both kits are quality kits made by quality people. For every kit "problem" there are 100 kits that work just fine. I say "problem" because a vast majority of any issues solved are created by the people installing them.

Everyone with an RS kit has been offered refunds, replacements, and techincal support without hesitation. I have personally offered to buy, out of my own pocket, any kit that anyone didnt like. If they are such crap why has no one taken anyone up on this offer yet?

and all you have to do is pay twice as much and wonder about the legality of it for your particular division.

Both kits are quality kits made by quality people. For every kit "problem" there are 100 kits that work just fine. I say "problem" because a vast majority of any issues solved are created by the people installing them.

Everyone with an RS kit has been offered refunds, replacements, and techincal support without hesitation. I have personally offered to buy, out of my own pocket, any kit that anyone didnt like. If they are such crap why has no one taken anyone up on this offer yet?

How would you know that everyone with an RS kit has been offered a refund? And as far as buying these inoperable kits, i did not know your were buying defective trigger kits. Are you buying them for what the original purchase price was? Does it maybe who made the kit, what kind of reciepts are you accepting? Please tell me, I could be sitting on a gold mine! As well as other glock enthusiasts. Thank you :huh:

hf219-

I am not KimberKid, but I disagree with your snide tone and baseless attacks on Ralph's trigger kit.

Ralph's website offers the following specific refund policy:

"Triggerkit.com stands behind its products. If you are not happy, we are not happy. We will work to make it right, or refund your money. No harm, no foul."

Yes, this refund appears policy appears to be offered to everybody. Yes, KimberKid has offered to buy back every one of Ralph's kits that someone has complained about. Yes, at original cost.

On several occassions I have corresponded, and even called, Ralph to discuss his trigger kits, and every single time he has provided a prompt and professional response. Have you even discussed with him your opinion that his trigger kits are "inoperable" and "defective." I would expect a person, before making accusations slandering Ralph's product in a public forum, to at least communicate with him in an attempt to resolve any issues. Anyways, I have a great deal of difficulty accepting your blanket condemnation of all Ralph's trigger kits, especially when I have shot about 20,000 rounds over the last year-and-a-half using these triggers, without a single significant problem. Could some bad kits slip through? Sure. Are his kits "inoperable" and "defective?" Definitely not. If fact, most problems I have heard of regarding his kits resulted from either (a) additional modifications made by the end user, or (B) the wide variance in tolerances in glock guns.

You claim that you "could be sitting on a gold mine." Just how many of these "inoperable" and "defective" kits did you buy?

Maybe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and were in a bad mood when you posted. Maybe you are just ignorant. Regardless, you are not advancing your cause with spurious, and provably false, accusations. Cheers,

-br

Give gun a complete overhaul and cleaning and have been dry firing for 3 days now and have not had 1 failure to reset.Whilst cleaning noted a major build-up of crud around the plunger.Will not get to shoot till the weekend, but then again never had the problem whilst shooting live ammo.Hoping for the best.Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Just a reminder of some of the Forum Rules (please read the Forum Guidelines). The comments here are getting too far out of bounds.

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

Welcome to Brian's Forums!

We’ve found the following guidelines indispensable in keeping the Forum enjoyable, informational, and just a fun place to hang out.

Posting Guidelines

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful. Please – no antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones.

Intent

This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) ...

Bryan

I'm happy to be wrong about "it's not a dirty-gun problem" which seems WAS your problem. Guess there's still some what-if situations like a plunger not wanting to move that I haven't thought of before.

Since you know how to detail-strip your gun, check this: with just a bare slide [no plunger] your extractor should drop into its slot & drop right back out again. If it binds, that's something else to clean - before it causes feeding or extraction problems.

I can state for the record that Ralph did offer me a full refund on his trigger kit which I chose to not accept.

KimberKid States:

"And all you have to do is pay twice as much and wonder about the legality of it for your particular division."

As far as KimberKids quote is concerned you will pay substantially more for Vanek’s Limited/Open trigger since it is a custom fitted part and the gun has to be shipped but if you decide to buy Vanek's Drop In Trigger which is PRODUCTION LEGAL you only pay slightly more than Ralph’s and Vanek provides more Glock original parts than Ralph.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...47&hl=vanek

"When you do a side by side comparison of the packages the Vanek trigger has one more part and thats the Glock Trigger Housing."

Edited by ryucasta

This weekend while shooting the trigger failed to reset from slide lock, no problems while shooting otherwise.Also failed to reset while unloaded from slide lock.

Was pretty dirty as I had put about 1000 rds through since cleaning.Am using slide glide which was manky when i cleaned it.

Any ideas?

It just happened to me. My trigger spring was broken. The trigger would reset pretty regularly due to recoil forces, and at other times not at all. Replace your trigger spring, I'll bet ya it's fixed.

HK Dan

I have two of the RS triggers.

The one in my G34 is really good, the one in my G22 is exceptional. After about 10K rounds the G22 is really close to 2# and very smooth.

About 3 months ago I broke a trigger return spring and Ralph sent me a new one. The gun has been working flawlessly until last week. In the past week the trigger has failed to reset three times.

The first time was during the initial load, I loaded the chamber and the trigger stayed back with a live round in the chamber. The other two times was during a practice session the trigger just failed to reset even though there was a live round in the chamber.

Other than the RS trigger I am running a 15# recoil spring.

Does this mean the trigger reset spring is about to fail again?

I have no complaints about the RS kit I love it. After shooting open for years with SVI's I know everything eventually wears or wears out. I just want to fix the problem before it happens in a match.

Thanks for any advice.

JFS