Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tiger Woods

glock17w

I like how when someone presses a little he will run off 2 or 3 birdies just to get the comfort level back. Makes me wonder what he could do if he went all out for the entire championship......

I like how when someone presses a little he will run off 2 or 3 birdies just to get the comfort level back. Makes me wonder what he could do if he went all out for the entire championship......

Oh, probably something like he did in 1997, when he won the Masters by 12 shots....

:)

Don't think for a second Tiger isn't capable of throwing a tantrum a 3 year old would be proud of. The tour simply doesn't show them. As a matter of fact about 3 or 4 yrs ago he threw a club off the tee and then went after a spectator in the crowd who he thought was making noise during his swing. It finally got a little press due to the fact several other players who were tired of him getting the free ride all the time started to be more vocal about it.

Many of these traits are definitely those of rabidly competitive folks.

Now if you want to give Tiger a compliment, good job on picking a wife :P

Edited by smokshwn

It finally got a little press due to the fact several other players who were tired of him getting the free ride all the time started to be more vocal about it.

I think those other players are tired of tiger making them look like club pros. ;)

The networks do censor a lot though. You'd think that the only player that smokes is Daly (because he chain smokes and they can't get a shot of him without a cig.)

It finally got a little press due to the fact several other players who were tired of him getting the free ride all the time started to be more vocal about it.

I think those other players are tired of tiger making them look like club pros. ;)

The networks do censor a lot though. You'd think that the only player that smokes is Daly (because he chain smokes and they can't get a shot of him without a cig.)

john daily said, "i don't go to the gym, because they don't allow smoking in there."

lynn

I think those other players are tired of tiger making them look like club pros

I don't think it was so much that as after you penalize John Daly for throwing a club you can't really let Tiger stand and call out a spectator after throwing a club and letting loose a vulgar tirade. Guys were simply tired of one set of rules for the field and one set for Tiger.

Do you seriously think guys pick girls & not the other way around.

Rick Reilly was talking about the new model of Barbie who hangs around at NBA hotels and named her "Paternity Suit Barbie" "P

Edited by smokshwn

I don't think it was so much that as after you penalize John Daly for throwing a club you can't really let Tiger stand and call out a spectator after throwing a club and letting loose a vulgar tirade. Guys were simply tired of one set of rules for the field and one set for Tiger.

Don't know the situation of the Daly incident, but I figure it was in response to a bad shot/bad round probably bolstered by his need to 'drink socially' on the 19th hole. If you're referring to the guy who intentionally distracted Tiger at the top of his backswing, big difference there.

Whether it's the usual sunday $2 nassau with your buds or the US open, you just don't do that.

Each stroke is literally worth millions (difference between 1st and 2nd many times is ~$500,000.) Add that to the performance bonuses from his endorsements, which makes the tournament prize money pale in comparison...

However, if its the same situation for both players, then I agree that he shouldn't get treated differently.

Edited by al503

Let's call it like it is...this thread is about Tiger Woods....

First of all, they should call him Eldrich, his given name..anyone with a geek name like that is sure to have some distractions that Tiger does not have..

He has gotten preferential treatment since the first day he came on tour..from Jim Nance to Johnny Carson, they have all given him more air time and better treatment than anyone else...why is that do you suppose? They over look all the little tantrums he throws, and Jim Finchem backed down when Tiger said he would quit the tour if his caddy could not wear shorts...Should have told him that we hope he likes it in Japan...but noone did that..

He is arrogant, conceited, and lacks an appropriate amount of humility...he may eventually take over the record books with wins and major titles,but he will NEVER be close to the ambassador to the sport that Palmer, Nicklaus or Watson is now...just too bad, he has such tremendous talent and could do so much to hel,p the game, but does not...just makes me want to slap him when he used to say...I won, but I did not have my A game...damn that takes the cake..

Edited by tightloop

Loop,

I don't think your reference to his real name has any relevance whatsoever but I can't really disagree with what you've said about the rest. I think we've been spoiled by the majority of the elites in this sport who are comparable to some of the great golfers in the past.

Just like you, he seems to call it like it is. Never being satisfied is probably one of the major reasons he is where he is. Perhaps he could choose his words or abstain but he's just speaking his mind.

WOW tightloop, tell us how you really feel. I'll call you tightloop because I don't know your given name. Like many of us we use a nickname . I use bobert instead of Robert. I disagree with many of your points but that's cool. To each His own. I don't even bother to watch golf if Eldrich isn't playing. :)

Let's call it like it is...this thread is about Tiger Woods....

Call what, like *what* is? Who didn't think a thread titled "Tiger Woods" is about Tiger Woods?

First of all, they should call him Eldrich, his given name..anyone with a geek name like that is sure to have some distractions that Tiger does not have..

I would hope "they" (whoever "they" are) would call him Eldrick, but the nickname "Tiger" (which has nothing to do with golf, but rather one of his Dad's Army buddies in Vietnam) has become his name.

WTF do you care about it, anyway? Do you not like his signature on a lease agreement, or something? Is he trying to cash a check?

He has gotten preferential treatment since the first day he came on tour..from Jim Nance to Johnny Carson, they have all given him more air time and better treatment than anyone else...why is that do you suppose?

I don't know. I'm *hoping* you will say it's because of an incredible talent and work ethic obvious at the earliest of ages. Before he was THREE he was shooting under 50 for 9 holes. Or, possibly, for establishing the greatest amateur golf record ever, as a teen, and college student? His charitable foundation(s)? His absolute dominance of PGA Tour events? Fund-raising work?

Why do YOU think it is?

Tigers an azz. Period. Charitable foundations hide taxation for the rich, whilst making themselves look good but its all about the money.

Jim Nance is the left hand of the devil, the liberal suck up.

Let's look at the positives, and there are a few..

He was the dominant Jr, and college player

Now the dominant PGA player

Does donate to his foundation

Guess I am just tired of 48 of the 52 minutes of air time have him in frame..

Nope, I could not care how he signs his checks...do you sign your checks Boo Radley? I don;t sign mine Mr. Tight Loop..just a personal thing....Everyone is entitled to think whatever they want to think...about why he gets preferential treatment...I would call Jim Nance and ask him, since we are alum of the same college, but he is really busy....so I'll just wait a bit...

Tiger may be the #1` talent on the pro golf circuit, but he is not in my top 100 golfers pro or amateur who have worked to improve or help the game....Just my opinion...

Not sorry if I offended any Tiger lovers out there...Just my .02...I just don't care for him..rather see Duval make a comeback...Garcia win the big one...Mayfair come from behind...JB Holmes sneak in there..but they all folded like a cheap suit...so I will have to wait a bit...

David Winkler

aka Tightloop

No one is arguing Tiger's dominance.

What was simply pointed out was that his golf channel persona and his actual persona are two very different things. Much of that is because the PGA cannot afford for you to actually know how classless he really is. His tantrums are very well known to players and spectators alike. He throws them not because every swing is worth a million bucks but because he must have it his way or pitch a fit.

If Phil Mickelson, David Duvall or Davis Love had committed half the little episodes Tiger has had they would have long ago been run out on a rail.