Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Safety Pinning

IYAOYAS

Yes ,I used the search function.But I still have a question. I was at the Oklahoma sectional today and was told by a competitor that pinning the grip safety was a violation of the new rules. Is this true? The nationals are coming up and I would hate to be sent home.

Thanks

Yes ,I used the search function.But I still have a question. I was at the Oklahoma sectional today and was told by a competitor that pinning the grip safety was a violation of the new rules. Is this true? The nationals are coming up and I would hate to be sent home.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with deactivating grip safety as long as the thumb safety still works. There are no new rules dealing with grip safeties.

Hmmm. I'm at the OK Sectional this weekend. I'll be starting on bay 2 tomorrow. My grip safety doesn't work. It doesn't even move anymore. It's the only red gun there. Come 'n git it!

Thanks

Nothing wrong with deactivating grip safety as long as the thumb safety still works. There are no new rules dealing with grip safeties.

Hmmm. I'm at the OK Sectional this weekend. I'll be starting on bay 2 tomorrow. My grip safety doesn't work. It doesn't even move anymore. It's the only red gun there. Come 'n git it!

Thanks guys..

All the gubmint models I have (competition only guns) have the grip safety pinned. It's the way I like them. There is absolutely NO rule in IPSC, or USPSA about having a working grip safety whatsoever. As long as the primary safety system is functional on any pistol, then you are good to go.