Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting An Rpg In Cambodia

atek3

I was in Cambodia for several weeks last November. That location appears to be the Khmer army range just outside Phnom Penh. $1 USD per round for an AK, I forgot what they wanted for an RPG. (A lot, like $175 or so...) I was told in Siem Reap that they used to offer you water buffaloes to shoot at for a bit more $$$ :D

There is also a similar range in Viet Nam outside Sai Gon at the Cu Chi tunnels (Cong World.)

Same set up, choose from AKs, M-16s, M-60s, Sov 12.7mm, and a host of other cool stuff. When I was there the only things that ran, or that they had ammo for, were ancient M-2 carbines...at $1.00 USD per round, $30 round minimum. The targets were red colored water filled jugs...kinda weird. Cool 'snack bar right there and it was fun to watch all the tourists blast away.

Cool video, thanks for the link :D

Cu Chi had the Ak's and war era M16's running when I was back there in the spring. Travel there once a year for business.

If anyone ever gets to Saigon, the Cu Chi tunnels are something that should be seen. It is hard to believe how those people lived for years in the tunnels despite 1000's of bombs, Agent Orange and the 25th Division trying to wipe them out. No wonder they outlasted the French and us.

Edited by Cactustactical

A lot has changed in almost 40 years, heck a lot has changed there in the 3 years since the time I first went there for business.

It was real, real hard to see the big yellow star flying over the old Presidential Palace in Saigon the first time. Sometimes its just best to move on.

Edited by Cactustactical