Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? About Spring Weight For Para P-16

Trey1975

I just purchased a 14 and 12 lb reduced power spring for my wifes P-16 Jarret Model.My question is will using the lower power springs with full power WWB .40 cause any problems?The 12 definitly helps her manipulate the slide better.I havent got a chance to shoot it with the new springs and wanted to ask around before we did that. I havent started reloading yet so powering down the loads is not an option at this time.Any place to buy loaded down .40 for a decent price??

Thanks In Advance

Trey Small A-55522

Edited by Trey1975

How are the tungsten rods for 1911's? My Glock one broke in less than 1000 rounds.It is now uncaptured:) I will definetly check out the Alanta Arms ammo.She had to have the Jarret .40....what am I gonna say"no!"..lol. Not if im gonna keep shooting as much as I do.The gun is just a bit much for her & I know some good base power factor loads would prob do the trick.

Add a tungsten guide rod and you'll be suprize how you tame that gun!!
Edited by Trey1975

• 4 weeks later...

I have used 1 15 lb spring in my PO16-40 using light loads of WST behind either 155 or 180gr bullets (720-775 fps).

I just purchased a 14 and 12 lb reduced power spring for my wifes P-16 Jarret Model.My question is will using the lower power springs with full power WWB .40 cause any problems?The 12 definitly helps her manipulate the slide better.I havent got a chance to shoot it with the new springs and wanted to ask around before we did that. I havent started reloading yet so powering down the loads is not an option at this time.Any place to buy loaded down .40 for a decent price??

Thanks In Advance

Trey Small A-55522