Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rolling Boom Boxes

Jim Norman

I HATE those little foreign cars with the $5000.00 Stereo that rattles MY windows. If I want to listen to your stereo, I'll ask if I can get in your car.

Like Pop used to say: "Turn that CRAP down!"

And while you area t it, get a muffler, not that buzzy megaphone exhaust.

Jim Norman

buzzy megaphone exhaust
AKA the "Fart Can".

Worst of all is 3 of these cat food can's on wheels jukin' and weavin' through 60mph freeway traffic at 85+ in a chase game. They are all booming hiphop at 120 decibels as they dive across your bow in reckless maneuvers that jeapordize you and everyone else on the road's well being.

Where's my dash-mounted 20mm chain gun when I need it? We need to declare open season on these idiots. I'll buy a tag, or two, or three :-)

Or how about one of those tank-like vehicles* with the massive rotating drum of whipping chains and things that are used for clearing mine fields...? Would make a wretched mess of a 'rolling boom box'...!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA...!! I wanna be there!! :ph34r::angry::lol::lol:

*It has a name and a number but I've forgotten it... :rolleyes:

Here in Turkey, the...young Turks...have an even more annoying take on the whole "rolling boom box" thing.

They buy a large plastic tool box, cut out the front for speakers, fill it full of half-wired stereo equipment, and then...bungee cord the hacked up electronic-filled box to the back of their motor scooters.

And...crank up the static, then drive the wrong way down one-way streets, zip between lanes of traffic, run up on the sidewalk to avoid what few traffic lights Turks actually obey...while broadcasting '80's rock (modern stuff ;) ) at their max volume.

Yay.

I wish I had my grill-guard equipped truck over here instead of Liota's plastic fantastic Saturn. I'm fairly sure that Turkish traffic laws would allow the collection of those rolling scooter/boom box contraptions on a grill guard...like butterflies...

Alex

I agree...

If I was better equipped in the brain department I would love to build some kind of portable EMP device that was aimable. That way when they pulled thier crap I could zap not only all those lovely stero components but thier vehicle electronics as well.

ZAP>>!!

:lol:

More than Once I've been tempted to give them a nudge in the right direction...

The Guardrail!

The really funny part is when one of these guys brings their car to a lapping day thinking it's fast...only to have my four door, four banger blow past them.

I want a giant menacing robot arm that can come out of the back of my car, pluck the offending vehicle off the road and toss into the roadside bushes. Then watch as the men cheer, the women faint, and the children wave little multicolored flags in celebration (line shamelessly stolen from Amanda Tapping of SG-1). Not only it is reusable, but it also doesn't damage my car, gives them the chance to cry in horror as they are flying through the air, gives them time to imagine how their car is going to crumple when it lands, and doesn't leave wreckage on the road.

A self-cleaning wrecker. Outstanding.

We are all obviously well-equipped with the proper devices and the proper attitudes. We need to gather at the nearest boom-box ninja roadway and lie in wait for these twits. Boy, will they be surprised. :blink::lol: