Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Pistol Grips

bobert1

Has anyone ever WORN out a Glock magwell. I'm not talking about some after market type of magwell. I'm talking about a factory/stock Glock pistol grip. One of Uncle Pimp Daddy's team was called into question at a recent USPSA Major Match and at the time was ruled legal. Upon second thought several weeks later the shooter was told that the ruling may go differently the next time it was called into question. With several majors and Nationals coming up the shooter had to go out and buy a new Glock after 2 years. Mechanically the gun worked great but with 2 years of practicing reloads He has worn the grip enough to draw the attention of some match officials. Truly no intentional modifications were done to this grip. He is just pretty anal about practicing reloads. That is why He has improved every year to be a fine 'A' class Production shooter now. Has anybody else worn their pistol grip to the point of needing to replace a perfectly operational Glock due to grip wear? It sure was news to me.

Has anyone ever WORN out a Glock magwell. I'm not talking about some after market type of magwell. I'm talking about a factory/stock Glock pistol grip. One of Uncle Pimp Daddy's team was called into question at a recent USPSA Major Match and at the time was ruled legal. Upon second thought several weeks later the shooter was told that the ruling may go differently the next time it was called into question. With several majors and Nationals coming up the shooter had to go out and buy a new Glock after 2 years. Mechanically the gun worked great but with 2 years of practicing reloads He has worn the grip enough to draw the attention of some match officials. Truly no intentional modifications were done to this grip. He is just pretty anal about practicing reloads. That is why He has improved every year to be a fine 'A' class Production shooter now. Has anybody else worn their pistol grip to the point of needing to replace a perfectly operational Glock due to grip wear? It sure was news to me.

I haven't, but I can certainly see how it happened. One factor in adding a magwell is that the little blade of plastic was already dinged up the second day I had my Glock.

H.

I've seen a few with chips missing out of them.

I've asked this question before (mostly from the IPSC folk, not USPSA): When does wear become not a factory option? Clearly the factory doesn't offer a rust finish (IPSC issue) or a worn out magwell (Issue every where). Also how can you tell wear from modifications and do you want to be in that game?

I know my CZ magwell doesnt look like it used to. Being steel is isn't really any more beveled, but the edges have gotten rounded off, which is bound to happen is you wear out magazine bodies against them.