Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Luck!

XRe

I heard the rumor about Angus too, Jerry M said he was shooting like a machine, couldn't do wrong.

This is my first time here and wath a match! It's like a carnival, side match stages everywhere, rimfire rifle, shotgun match, cowboy rifle. So much to shoot so little time and money!

Saw some amazing shooting, like 4 10" plates from low ready with a Tarus 9mm, Jerry M took a couple of wacks at it and got to a 1.07 and that heald until Taran B did it in 1.04 and took the $1,000 cash, Jerry can't be too sorry though, 2nd paid $500.

Couple of side match deals are 3 plates, 2 10" and one big rectangle shot with a 45 XD or a CZ-75 9mm. I shot one in 1.29 and thought that was great until but the winner for today did it in .89! I'm in the raffle though so I got that going for me...

We'll see what tomorrow brings..

Al right John!

ya know, you shoot with John and you start to think he could do it with his eyes closed...I can't believe TMC at 15th...Todd, did you check your score sheet, must have been an error....

mikey

JJ wins with an 82. BJ wins a couple stages. The cash not really at risk- JJ had a 72 going into Accelerator with Todd only .75 or so back. Todd tried to push on accel but didn't hang on. KC was leading early on and had a couple seconds on JJ through Outer Limits.

Sakai AD on Outer Limits. He stopped himself and a video review showed the hit under 6 feet, so he was out. Sad but handled well from where I sat.

other cool stuff from the supers-

Max pulls off an insane 2.26 run on five to go.

BJ wins Roundabout with a 2.0something average right after trashing Outer Limits.

KC hits 1.9's on showdown twice in a row. Jerry answers with another 1.9 and 2.0

Jerry is the old guys and revolver hero, pulling a string of 1.8's on Smoke and Hope, maybe a new record.

other cool stuff from the supers-

Max pulls off an insane 2.26 run on five to go.

BJ wins Roundabout with a 2.0something average right after trashing Outer Limits.

KC hits 1.9's on showdown twice in a row. Jerry answers with another 1.9 and 2.0

Jerry is the old guys and revolver hero, pulling a string of 1.8's on Smoke and Hope, maybe a new record.

2.26 on 5 to go? that's friggin' sick! :wacko:

Congrats to my good friend JJ! It was really cool seeing him finally win one after coming so close so many times.

As far as "5 to go" goes, who woulda thought that my 10.45 wouldn't even finish in the money for top 3! Todd broke the record right afterwards with a 10.36 then JJ and Max....unbelievable!

Oh well, better start practicing with the Open gun!

Amazing shooting,

It went down to the last stage with spectators and cameras crowding around, Todd went first and didn't shoot his best. JJ went up, shot like he was practicing with stellar runs, like a machine with 2.52 sec average runs. Great to see him win with his family there, quite an emotional monent.

Congrats to Phil, 9th Overall with a Limited gun! Daaammmmm

BJ's shooting was just crazy, imagine being bumped up to the SS in the middle of the match and still kicking ass!!

Todd had warned BJ on Friday that there was the possibilty that he would be bumped due to way he was shooting in practice, so he was prepared for it. The 2 - 2 1/2 hour wait between a disappointing Smoke & Hope and getting to shoot Outer Limits had more to do with his having to "eat" a miss on OL than the bump I think.

Overall he was pleased with his overall performance with two stage wins and the new record on Accelerator. He is already looking forward to next year.

Anyone have a soft copy of the results yet?

Lemmeesee here...if I went to Piru....I'd be about 100 seconds behind the pack....sooo...if I shoot 500 rounds a day every day for the next year...and pull off .33 seconds off my match time every day....carry the one....move the decimal point.....and I'll probably end up in the lower 1/3 pack again next year. :P

Edited by EricW

Another cool thing: this was the 25th Anniversary of the match. They gave the Mikes some cool "superbowl" rings .. names on one side, a drawing of Smoke & Hope on the other.

Here's a crappy cell-phone camera shot of one of the relics from 1981. It was part of a much larger display board with old photos and other fun stuff. Checkout the names..

IMAGE_143.jpgpost-1846-1156215164.jpg

:) my best match yet :D And not with my Revolver.

Angus Hobdell = Won the Steel Master award

for rim fire - primary & optional main event tournament, three days of Steel Challenge Angus was 262.27 sconds to Jerry's 264.26 ...my total is 305.54 <_< so I think I am third? if third place ment any thing? ,& it does to me. :D

Sorry I mised the party, just too much driving

Jamie B)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was my very first Steel Challenge and I had a ball. I shot it with my single actions because I'm a cowboy action shooter mostly. Even though most all of us in Single Action were at "the back of the bus" as far as scores were concerned, we all had a great time. We also had a great time hosting the Cowboy Carbine, .22 Rimfire Rifle, and Vang Comp Shotgun events down the road at our range. Even though I was one of the last to pull a package off the table, I still walked away with $400 worth of stuff. That's not too bad. It also has given me the bug to shoot it next year with a semi auto. So, now I'm outfitting my Glock 35 with dot sights, new comped barrel, better trigger and the like just so I can try to bark in the same zip code as the big dogs.

Dang...what an addictive sport!!!