Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio Section Championship - 2006 (oct. 7,8)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who should we ask for pre-approval on shooting saturday, I emailed to ohiouspsa but nobody has responded for 2 weeks now. thanks for any help..

That would be me. I don't have any emails that are two weeks old...somehow your's must not have come through.

Send me a PM here, if you don't mind and I'll see what we can do.

{edit: I just checked the emails. Yours came through at 10:30 Thursday night. I wasn't around on the computer much on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...just getting to those now.}

Everyone have fun! Deb and I will be in Tulsa getting ready for the Open Nats... ;)

We will miss you and Deb this year BDH. See you in Tulsa for a cold one. (A lot of us will be heading out there right after the match.)

-------------------------

We are using the USPSA's Online Squadding System for this match. If you have sent your match application in, look for you name on the website. <click here for squadding system website> You should show up within a week or so of sending in your application (application are being input on a daily basis...as they arrive in the mail). If you name shows up in on the Squadding website, then you should have already received and email with your password (if you haven't gotten that email then get in touch with me...once you see that you name appears on the website linked to above)

Everything seems to be coming together nicely for this shooting test. (I can't wait to get behind the gun at this match. B) )

We need to finalize the T-shirt orders, so get those in by the end of next week please (15th).

We are nearly a month out. Giddy-up.

Saturday night, we will likely have a little get together (just down the road from the range) like we did last year. Should be fun and casual. :D

See you there.

I'm guessing that the really small squads will get combined?? Just curious.

Absolutely. If we end up there. Usually though, the last few weeks before the match are when the applications start to roll in. So, those squads will likely fill up on there own.

I am looking at possibly opening up another squad for Saturday. :o

I'm guessing that the really small squads will get combined?? Just curious.

Absolutely. If we end up there. Usually though, the last few weeks before the match are when the applications start to roll in. So, those squads will likely fill up on there own.

I am looking at possibly opening up another squad for Saturday. :o

After I've already made hotel reservations with shooting Sunday.... :P

Opened up another squad on Saturday (with staff) and another on Sunday.

That gives us:

- 7 available slots for Saturday (with staff)

- 22 available slots for Sunday

I was looking the stage diagrams over tonight...giving them a bit of tweaking. These are going to be really great to shoot. What a mix of stages. I can't wait !!

• 2 weeks later...

We are about a week and a half out.

Weather in this area has been fantastic for shooting lately.

From what I know is coming in the mail, we currently have just a couple slots open for shooting with the staff on Saturday.

We have about 12 slots for Sunday.

Open and Production divisions are looking especially strong...good competition to run against (right before the Tulsa Nationals).

B)B)

Saturday

1 slot open on Squad 27.

Sunday

2 slots open on Squad 32

1 slot open on Squad 34

1 slot open on Squad 36

:o:o

While that looks pretty full, I'm not looking to turn anybody away from a great match. If you'd like to shoot, get in touch with me and I will get you squadded.

I have room to add to the match, as needed.

The weather is looking pretty good for this weekend. And, I know the shooting is going to be great.

We have 18 Masters + signed up for the match.

We even have 8 or better wheel gunners (Revolver shooters are shooting all over the country this weekend).

Oh...I saw one of our crew mumbling something about there not being enough hard-cover targets. I'll try to keep my eye on him during setup, but I know I'll be busy...he might slip some hard-cover in on me when I'm not looking. :blink:

What time will the range be open on Sunday to inspect stages?

I won't be able to make it to central Ohio on Saturday in time to check things out and I would like to get as much time as possilbe to figure out the stage plans I won't follow once the buzzer goes off.

Sunday Shooters: registration will start at 8am. The shooters meeting will be at 9am.

We'll be opening the gate right around 8am on Sunday, Dave.

Saturday Shooters: Competitor Registration will start at 9am (staff, you should have recieved a different email from me today). We will have the shooters meeting at 9:40am on Saturday. Shooting starts at 10am on Saturday

Lunch will be available for purchase on both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday evening, we plan to have a casual get-together just down the road. We will have info/directions for that at the match. Last year we all kicked in for some pizza and drinks.