Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monarch .223 From Academy?

Malak

I was wondering if anyone has used that Monarch .223 ammo that they have at Academy for about $3 for 20 rounds? It looks like it has steel cases. I heard somewhere, that it is Wolff Ammo, but can't remember who said it or if it is true?

Never used steel case stuff before; is it bad for the chamber?

Don't care much if it sucks for accuracy, I am looking for some cheap practice ammo at close range, I just don't want to messup my chamber. I have a couple of cases of XM193 Federal, for matches and long range practice, but don't want to burn through all of it practicing.

Any thoughts?

Malak, I tried some of that. Complete, total junk. Missfires. buck shot looking groups, and they were hitting in the middle of the road on the 335 spanker. Merlin is getting some Ultramax, get a order together with him.------Larry

malak, i shoot wolf, for inside 100 yd targets. it shoots the same POI as my match stuff.

it hasn't failed on me yet, and gives 2" accuracy, which for us is plenty good.

it also saves my federal ammo for long range targets, i just use it for hose stages.

Trapr

Sounds like it's perfect .....

For malfunction/clearance drills and 10 yds and closer hosem practice.

I'd be ashamed to manufacture such stuff :/

I'm ashamed I traded a double hand full of my reloads for a box of that stuff.-----Larry

I too fell victim to the CHEAP price and purchased 4 boxes......out of every box of 20 I had 5-7 rounds that were DUDS!!!! TOTAL POS!!!

that's pretty bad... i can deal with poor accuracy but duds are totally out of the question.

I too fell victim to the CHEAP price and purchased 4 boxes......out of every box of 20 I had 5-7 rounds that were DUDS!!!! TOTAL POS!!!

that's pretty bad... i can deal with poor accuracy but duds are totally out of the question.

OMG where did you get that avatar, Malak....? Oh - wait..- thats your picture....! Sorry.. :P