Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deadwood

ErikW

Deadwood is giving The Shield strong competition as my favorite "TV" show. I've been watching it on DVD via Netflix and I'm currently on the second season. Al Swearengen has to be the most interesting character ever. And there is some incredible dialogue. The downside is it hasn't helped my Tourette's syndrome and I'm going around calling people f_cking c_cksuckers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f_cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
Tell your god to be ready for blood.
-God bless you, Mr. Swearengen.

-Well, not likely. But my prospects have just improved.

God rest the souls of that poor family... and p_ssy's half price for the next 15 minutes.
-You want a blow job while I talk to you?

-No.

-I wasn't offering personally.

Be in my joint in two hours. We're forming a f_cking government!
Hey Reverend, you could have just said amen. (Al, after the Reverend has a seizure)

more quotes... (forum software doesn't like a bunch in the same post)

I don't trust you far as I can throw you, but goddamit I enjoy the way you lie.
-You play poker?

-I'm not good at it.

-You let that slow you down?

-Hey, you ever hear, Tom, the Chinese whore has a ancient way of milking ya of yer sorrow, your loneliness amd that awful feeling of bein’ forsaken?

-Seems to me that’d leave you with nothing.

-How stupid do you think I am?

-I don't know, I just met you.

I've been called worse by better.
-When I read the Scriptures, I do not feel Christ's love as I used to.

-Aw, is that so? That is too bad! Join the f_ckin' club of most of us!

Some goddamn point a man's due to stop arguing with his-self and feeling twice the goddamn fool he knows he is 'cause he can't be something he tries to be every goddamn day without once getting to dinnertime and f_cking it up. I don't want to fight it anymore, understand me Charlie? And I don't want you pissing in my ear about it. Can you let me go to hell the way I want to?
-Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me.

-Is the gist that I'm shjt out of luck?

-Did they speak that way then?

Separate rooms, I'll arrange that by tomorrow, but today I can't fix it, unless you kill a guest.

At least it sounds like they are bringing closure to the series, and not just leaving it mid-season - should be heck of a finale if they draw from real world events (read some actual history of Deadwood and you'll see what I mean!).

Edited by sfinney

sfinney,

there most probably will not be complete closure to the series when season 3 is over.

Season 3 was written and filmed before HBO made the decision to pull the plug. That is why there were so many new characters being introduced over the last month or so: the acting troupe, the new "working girl" at the Bella Union, Shaugnessy, etc.

They were being worked in slowly so that they could be parts of major story lines in the fourth season.

HBO claims to be planning several 2 hour movies to wrap up the series, but who knows if that will ever happen. The actors were released from their contracts after the filming of season 3, so most of them might not be available if the movie projects do come to pass.

I have heard interviews with former cast members talking about this and their disapointment with how the series was shut down. HBO shut it down simply because each episode took a long time to plan and was very expensive (around $5mil per episode) . ( Like Rome was not expensive to film and took years to create?). Maybe if enough people complain, they will backtrack, but I doubt it. there are several "save Deadwood" web sites going, if HBO gets enough viewing cancellations, who knows?

From what I heard in these interviews, there will probably be a lot left hanging after the next 2 episodes. That is also why some of the most recent episodes seemed to move slowly, they did not plan on closing it all out in 2 weeks, a lot was going to carry over to the next season.

Talk about a screwup by an HBO finance guy.

Edited by Cactustactical

I DON'T HAVE HBO.....!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!! :blink::wacko::wacko:

*Netflix* -- I found a two-disc at a time for $15/mo the best option, and have been a member for...almost since they started.

When I had the 3-disc plan, I fretted about maximizing the value, and it was a chore managing the queue.

I don't have HBO either, nor would I want it.

[threaddrift]

I DON'T HAVE HBO.....!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!! :blink::wacko::wacko:

When I had the 3-disc plan, I fretted about maximizing the value, and it was a chore managing the queue.

When I had the 3-disc plan, it didn't seem like I actually got any more movies/month then when I was on the 2-disc plan. (Returning every other day with both plans.) Then I read somewhere on this very forum that Netflixs has some sort of code in their site that limits the rate of discs they send you, based on how fast you return them. So I dropped back to the 2-disc plan...

[/threaddrift]

I just love this line from Charlie Utter to Mr. Wolcott before he beats the tar out of him:

Oh I see you got your big f*#kin' knife there, and hidden on your person you probably have some pussified shooting instrument.

Hmm, P.S.I. could be a new term for an Open gun?

I'm not big on TV shows but "Deadwood" is my alltime favorite one. Al Swerengen for president!! With the final episode of the season comin' up I think Bullock is finally gonna snap and start rippin' off ears and just shootin' everything! :o

With the final episode of the season comin' up I think Bullock is finally gonna snap and start rippin' off ears and just shootin' everything! :o

According to "history", the REAL Bullock never officially shot anyone in the performance of his duties in Deadwood. But there's quite a bit in the show thats not "history" so we'll see :P

With the final episode of the season comin' up I think Bullock is finally gonna snap and start rippin' off ears and just shootin' everything! :o

According to "history", the REAL Bullock never officially shot anyone in the performance of his duties in Deadwood. But there's quite a bit in the show thats not "history" so we'll see :P

Let's not let reality intrude upon our viewing pleasures...... ;)

I broke the news this morning to my girlfriend that Huff was cancelled by Showtime. She loves that show and depression quickly set in. Now I have to tell her that Deadwood is 86'd as well? I'm not looking forward to tonight. But at least I can drop both channels without much of an argument.

I just love this line from Charlie Utter to Mr. Wolcott before he beats the tar out of him:

Oh I see you got your big f*#kin' knife there, and hidden on your person you probably have some pussified shooting instrument.

Hmm, P.S.I. could be a new term for an Open gun?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

got season 1 and 2 on dvd...man i hate that 3 will be the last........my sons girlfriend is from that area of S.D. and i wanted to go up and visit the town.. :lol::lol:

• 5 years later...