Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noob In Maryland

nsteve

Hi I have been thinking of giving this a try. Are there any matches coming up in MD. Can I just show up, or is there a class I should take first? what kind of ammo is used in matches? I have a 92F, a AR15, and a Mossberg590. Thanks

Edited by nsteve

Hi I have been thinking of giving this a try. Are there any matches coming up in MD. Can I just show up, or is there a class I should take first? what kind of ammo is used in matches? I have a 92F, a AR15, and a Mossberg590. Thanks

Steve,

Welcome, yes there is a match this coming Sunday at Thurmont. MPSA.

I am not sure if there are any time slots still available.

Another resource is the VA/MD Section page www.vamdsection.org

While it is not mandatory to take a class, Shooters Paradise offers a 13 week beginners class. They have just finished up a month ago and I am not sure when they will start the next one

9mm/38 Special is the minimum ammunition allowed for USPSA/IPSC.

I would recommend that you go to www.uspsa.org and download a copy of the rules and read up on them.

For production division you can only have 10rds in your mags at the start signal and there is a restriction on the types of holster and where you place the holster and mag pouches.

Your 92F is perfect to get started in USPSA Production division.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

While it is not mandatory to take a class, Shooters Paradise offers a 13 week beginners class. They have just finished up a month ago and I am not sure when they will start the next one

*Thirteen weeks?* Man, that's some beginners class! :)

*Thirteen weeks?* Man, that's some beginners class! :)

One night a week 2-2.5 hrs each week

Great way to learn the basics and get a head start.

Alan