Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 South Carolina Sectional - Mark Your Calenders

Perhaps if you went back & read the parts of the thread that mention Tia Maria, Jack Daniels, Tequila, etc.

We party at the banquet, then we party in the hospitality room after the banquet, & some folks will go in search of late night entertainment after that. :D You have all day Sunday to get home.

Since Travis won't be here this year, the position of "Life of the Party" is up for grabs.

Why do you think I do this every year? As I mentioned earlier in this thread: We're having a shooting match and a party & I get to see nearly 200 of my friends. :wub:

Damn! Well young lady, you have completly convinced me that I need to hang around, fall off the wagon, and be that "Life of the Party"!

Sunscreen ........... and legs ??? :huh:

Florida Open 2006 any one ??? :wacko:;):lol:

Bwhaha!

The origination of "Man Servant" ;)

Well fellahs, are we gonna party Saturday night? That's pretty much the only reason that I'd (we'd) stick around.

I don't get it??? I was at the match, what did I miss??

Myself, Bill, or Keen will hafta tell you at the match :ph34r::lol:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Travis won't be here this year, the position of "Life of the Party" is up for grabs.

I don't know if anyone can fill those shoes Linda. TT was a source of spontaneous laughter for me all season long, he made my year... :lol:

I don't know if anyone can fill those shoes Linda. TT was a source of spontaneous laughter for me all season long, he made my year... :lol:

Todd,

You missed Travis' Letterman-like introductions of all his teammates, Jake's and Monneypenny's. I was so sorry I didn't have a video camera! :D Look forward to see you there.

We'll see if the Pharaoh can step up and be The Soul!

B)

Hey Guys

I understand Chris Tilley is doing a class on Thursday and will coach that class on Friday while they shoot the match. I am really surprised that this class has not filled up. Chris is a phenomenal shooter and has a lot to pass on to whomever takes this class. I have shot with Chris and also had some one on one with him and it is well worth the time !!!!!!! Take advantage of it while you can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin G

Hey all --

What are the range hours for this match? ie, what time do you expect the squads to start/finish on Friday and Saturday.

Many thanks,

Steve

Friday squads start shooting at 9:00

Saturday squads start shooting at 8:00

Both days finish shooting just before 6:00 -- barring weather disasters. Awards banquet starts at 7:00 Saturday night.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 SC Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

You missed Travis' Letterman-like introductions of all his teammates, Jake's and Monneypenny's

Hey Nemo, that's the stuff I was referring to. :D He did everybody that was around as well (including Phil and yours truly) and I never laughed so hard at a match before, ever. Looking forward to seeing you and the crew this weekend too, bro. Safe travels...

You missed Travis' Letterman-like introductions of all his teammates, Jake's and Monneypenny's

Hey Nemo, that's the stuff I was referring to. :D He did everybody that was around as well (including Phil and yours truly) and I never laughed so hard at a match before, ever. Looking forward to seeing you and the crew this weekend too, bro. Safe travels...

Yes, as I recall, he introduced me about 3 or 4 times (kept forgetting he'd already done that). But that was not as funny as when he, Jake, Randal & Steve were trying to find a cab.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 SC State Match Statistician

Hasta mañana, mi amigo!

B)

Does anybody know what VENDORS will be there ???

... and what about squad lists ?

Vendors:

Henry Swartout

SV Infinity

? Chris Patty (not sure because he's shooting)

I don't usually post squad lists, but I ALWAYS respond to email. See your PM's

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The stages look great. This is going to be a really good match.

JFD -- did you see the staff lists? We have a wealth of great help! :wub: With all the help today with stats, registration, setup, etc (my usual tedious detail work), I am DONE at 9:00 the night before a major match and browsing the BE forum. That has never happened before. I am actually going to get some sleep tonight! :)

And we have a record turnout!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I heard the word that the match was sold out during setup today.

Definitely a match where the sights will be important. Nothing extreme, but a solid test of shooting skills.

I could swear I saw a cow with a saddle and holsters on it :blink: Hopefully it was a horse or I'm going to have to wonder what's going on in Columbia when I'm not there :P

Time for bed. I've got to get up early.

Any updates on how Fridays shooting went?

One word... Awesome. :D

75 degrees and sunny.

Traveled down from Maine for this event, well worth it.

The stages are quick yet challenging, and maintained well.

I was able to meet a fellow BE'er as well, I guess my S&J open glock does stand out.. :rolleyes:

Great stages, warm welcomes from everyone, and I shot my personal best match to date.

No Mikes, only 1 D hit. Squeaked through the crono with a 167. PHEW! From Linda, a lot of the "better" shooters, had some issues today.. I think the word she used was "crashed". However, eveyone looked to be having a grea time.

You all will have a great time shooting tomorrow.

It was a ton of fun! Great stages and squad 28 was the hardest working squad I've had the pleasure of shooting with in a long time.

I survived 6 stages without a penalty and screwed myself with a mike on the 7th (stage 6). No excuse besides stupidity. Unfortunately not earning a penalty was my main goal :( Still....I had a great time and look forward to working my stage tomorrow.

I'm going to enjoy these scores while they last. Thanks Linda!

My best finish was on stage 3 where I got 8th place. Second best was my stage where I got 9th place. The rest were anywhere from 10th to 13th. I generally shot decent points and only earned the one mike, so it was about what I expected if I managed to keep my head screwed on halfway straight. My bad hip and knee has forced me to lower my expectations for foot speed.

Of course these finishes will be thrashed by the end of Saturday.

I can't believe the number of penalties on my stage (8) :o It was designed to be more of an accuracy test at moderate distance, with timing being very important on the activation of the swingers. Of course I figured out the correct timing after I shot it <_< . There were only 2 no-shoots intended to be a pain, with the rest there just to protect the props.

The 2 swingers were at 12 yards, the 5 plates at 15 yards, and the 4 farthest targets at 20 yards. Another 3 targets were only a few yards away.

I've got to check the penalty count for stage 1, which I figured would be higher than mine.

This was definitely my favorite of the 3 SC Sectionals I've shot.

OK, we had 29 Limited shooters today and those are the scores I checked.

The number of shooters who didn't earn a penalty, are as follows:

Stage 8 = 8 shooters without a penalty.

Stages 3 & 7 = 14 shooters without a penalty.

Stages 1 & 5 = 15 shooters without a penalty.

Stage 6 = 17 shooters without a penalty.

Stages 2 & 4 = 23 shooters without a penalty.

Time for bed since I have to get up in 4 hours....

What a fun match! And the weather held until the end. I shot Friday which was sunny and warm, doing ... okay. I was a little disappointed in the end, but overall my performance was reasonable.

Then Sat I spent the day working Stage 6. Now I know many of you have started cursing my name, my children, and others, but I did not design the stage!!!

For those who missed it, Stage 6 had 6 poppers in a cross pattern which you engaged through a gap between two walls. The problem was the first popper (which hid a mini, a full size, and another mini) was a very slow forward falling. Many hammered it and simply stood it back up. We had several calls for calibration on it and it only failed one. The rest of the stage was simply 2 targets in the open and 4 targets through a port on each side.

SC Sectional 2007, as ususal this is one of the nicest matches I attend. Good stages, good folks, with a Stats crew second to none.

Come off the last stage,drive a few minutes to a nice Hotel in Columbia, sit down to a fine meal and enjoy the door prizes and match awards in a very timely manner.

Well done Jack, Linda, and everyone else who had a part in the SC Sectional. You all did a very nice job.

Can't wait till next year

Mark

Great match -- very different than last year, IMHO, in challenges of stages. Jack/Linda/& staff put on a hell of a show, and we, as shooters, never had to touch a paster or reset steel. Plus, given the number of shooters, things flowed pretty well! A slight backup on 1 and 3, but otherwise when we arrived, we shot.

I was lucky to be put on a super-squad of top Limited shooters, and it was a great watching Phil Strader, Mike Seeklander (though he was shooting SS), Jason Koon, Robbie Wheaton, etc, plan and shoot stages. Very educational. I'm still amazed by stage 3 -- the Pink Floyd "wall" stage. Phil said, "I'm going to shoot this all A's, except for 1 C." And did so. :blink: And with the 2nd fastest time. For the hell of it, I shot a video of that, on my camera, and it's flat-out amazing, because not *once* does he look like he's doing anything but calmly and deliberately aiming and shooting. There's a lesson there.

JFlowers -- we started on your stage Saturday (Hurricane Aynor?) and don't recall anyone having any problems with the poppers.

JFD -- stage 8 was *great*. The timing of those swingers was diabolical, and those plates seemed to give some fits. It was interesting seeing some on our squad shoot the left-hand swinger as the last target from the middle port...How many shot it that way?

A bit disappointed in a mid-pack, B Ltd finish, but only because I hadn't thought I was shooting too badly. Got work ahead; gotta lose those 'mikes.'

Again, terrific match, weather and staff, and great to be on a squad with terrific and friendly shooters.