Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 South Carolina Sectional - Mark Your Calenders

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for some South Carolina people. Hows Myrtle Beach about that time??? Is that Spring break time???? I was thinking about taking the kids to Mrytle Beach and shooting the match while I'm there. I'm thinking that will be a bad time to be at Myrtle Beach.

Flyin40

Myrtle Beach should be nice - especially of you are coming from up North. Not quite warm enough for us southern boys. Better get your app in if you plan to shoot Saturday. Not sure about Spring Break (college)- my son is on Easter Break that week - he is in 8th grade.

Speaking as one of those folks from the north who will be coming down to shoot / tan..

What type of distance/drive time to the range should I expect if I stayed with the family in Myrtle Beach as compared to Florence? I will be taking the RV down and there are decent KOA's in both locations.. B)

I just need to figure which is closer to the range.

Thanks!

We now have camping facilities on the range. You are welcome to bring the RV there.

Florence is closer.

Edited by Jack Suber

The match is full. Friday is full, Saturday is full & all RO-staff positions are full.

If you did not get an email or telephone confirmation from me, I will put your name on the waiting list.

Just a few words about the waiting list: I am pretty much the queen of waiting lists. For South Carolina, for Summer Blast & for the Ft Benning 3 Gun match, I got EVERYONE off the waiting list & into the match. It does require patience on your part.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 SC State Match Statistician

• 3 weeks later...
The numbers are very different this year so far:

Limited = 67

Open = 44

Limited-10 = 35

Production = 29

Revolver = 12

Single Stack = 8

:)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

Would you please update these numbers. Just curious. Getting close to match day!

Thanks.

12 REVOLVER SHOOTERS!

SWEET!

Looking forward to meet a bunch of BE'ers. So when you see or hear Papi talking spanish with the boys, please say Hi.

See you the 15th!

12 REVOLVER SHOOTERS!

SWEET!

Looking forward to meet a bunch of BE'ers. So when you see or hear Papi talking spanish with the boys, please say Hi.

>>>Name tags<<< would help. :) (Not thatI'd need one to spot you and the boys)

See you the 15th!

I'll be there!

The numbers are very different this year so far:

Limited = 67

Open = 44

Limited-10 = 35

Production = 29

Revolver = 12

Single Stack = 8

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

Would you please update these numbers. Just curious. Getting close to match day!

Thanks.

Sorry to be a bit late with replies -- Trying to catch up Targeting Education & Summer Blast before I start 'drowning' in SC State Match details next week.

Updated numbers:

Limited = 71

Open = 51

Limited-10 = 40

Production = 34

Revolver = 12

Single Stack = 8

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

12 REVOLVER SHOOTERS!

SWEET!

>>>Name tags<<< would help. :) (Not thatI'd need one to spot you and the boys)

See you the 15th!

I'll be there!

I'm sure I'll be pretty easy to spot too, but just in case, DrawandDuck sent me an updated avtavar picture. I may post this in stats, if I can figure out how to use 'photo shop' to replace the bottle of Jack with the Tia Maria :lol:

drunk_yoda.jpg

TiaMaria1.gif

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Linda, I just wanted to say again that I am going nuts over this match!

I'm really looking forward to it! And not to be outdone in an avatar drinking competition...

bender.jpg

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

WWBD ............ What Would Bender Do ??

gender20bendercn2.jpg

You know, Bob said it at the RO class, and I don't think that he knew that "Gender Bender" was used in an actual episode of Futurama.

Jack,

Cool article, but...

The match also will feature one of the top five revolver shooters in the nation, Cliff Walsh...

Gosh!

:D

See you Friday!

Sorry, Hermano. Don't know where he got that from... :lol:

I'm not liking the looks of the weather reports for Thursday thru the weekend. Let's hope the forecasts are as wrong as they usually are.

Not sure which forecast your checking. This is from NOAA National Weather Service:

Thursday daytime: A chance of rain before 8am. Partly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Friday daytime: Sunny, with a high near 76. Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 50.

Saturday daytime: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I like this one :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Bad Weather Karma will not be tolerated - :angry: .

Hopefully, I have taken care of the weather. I have prayed; sought the assistance of and bribed a couple of Native American Medicine Men; done my 1/2 Ecuadorean "No Rain Dance" (twice - the second time to make up for the non-Ecuadorean 1/2); and sealed the deal with a shot of tequila. :blink:

It won't rain during the match.....

Edited by Jack Suber

Bad Weather Karma will not be tolerated - :angry: .

Hopefully, I have taken care of the weather. I have prayed; sought the assistance of and bribed a couple of Native American Medicine Men; done my 1/2 Ecuadorean "No Rain Dance" (twice - the second time to make up for the non-Ecuadorean 1/2); and sealed the deal with a shot of tequila. :blink:

It won't rain during the match.....

Great, now I suppose there will be a extra charge at the gate? ;)

Just extra to pay for the tequila is all. ;)

Yeah. Thats all.....Its worth it for good weather, right?

Apparently I have been doing it wrong all these years ... I usually drink the Tequila Saturday night after the banquet. Of course, I usually drink larger amounts to make up for the late timing :P

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Just extra to pay for the tequila is all. ;)

Yeah. Thats all.....Its worth it for good weather, right?

Apparently I have been doing it wrong all these years ... I usually drink the Tequila Saturday night after the banquet. Of course, I usually drink larger amounts to make up for the late timing :P

Linda Chico (L-2035)

After last year, it should be dry for a few years :lol: