Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 South Carolina Sectional - Mark Your Calenders

The stages for the 2007 South Carolina Section State Match are posted on the match website: 2007 SC Match website.

Select the link for "2007 Stages" in the column on the left. Umm . . . practice on steel might be helpful ;)

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting these.

In stage 6, "Hurricane Aynor", the stage procedure specifies that taking shots at the steel from anywhere other than Box A is a per-shot penalty. I'm just curious why that is. Is the steel too close if engaged outside of Box A?

Thanks,

...Mark

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is an issue of having more than 8 shots from one position. The stage designer mention something about the drawing not being able to show exactly how it will be set up - mentioning the walls will be at a angle. Thats about all I can say right now as I have not seen this one set-up. It could get tweeked during set-up.

I think it is an issue of having more than 8 shots from one position. The stage designer mention something about the drawing not being able to show exactly how it will be set up - mentioning the walls will be at a angle. Thats about all I can say right now as I have not seen this one set-up. It could get tweeked during set-up.

:ph34r:

Jack meant more than 9 shots from one position. . . He's been spending too much time studying the proposed rule changes :D:D:D

Link to Rules Review thread

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 SC State Match Statistician

:ph34r:

Jack meant more than 9 shots from one position. . . He's been spending too much time studying the proposed rule changes :D:D:D

Link to Rules Review thread

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I'd be in trouble if I didn't have Linda keeping me out of trouble....Sometimes I don't even know where I am...

Jack,

Last year this match was an STI Contingency match. Don at STI just told me that it's not this year. Any idea why?

Thanks.

You should have asked Don while you were talking to him. ;) I have not spoken to Don directly, but it was my understanding that we were too small a match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Jack,

Last year this match was an STI Contingency match. Don at STI just told me that it's not this year. Any idea why?

Thanks.

Linda is correct. Don called me a few weeks back and said that we were too small of a match to be a contingency match. Perthaps he will reconsider if he gets enough requests ;) .

Jack

I have a question for some South Carolina people. Hows Myrtle Beach about that time??? Is that Spring break time???? I was thinking about taking the kids to Mrytle Beach and shooting the match while I'm there. I'm thinking that will be a bad time to be at Myrtle Beach.

Flyin40

I have a question for some South Carolina people. Hows Myrtle Beach about that time??? Is that Spring break time???? I was thinking about taking the kids to Mrytle Beach and shooting the match while I'm there. I'm thinking that will be a bad time to be at Myrtle Beach.

Flyin40

Myrtle Beach should be nice - especially of you are coming from up North. Not quite warm enough for us southern boys. Better get your app in if you plan to shoot Saturday. Not sure about Spring Break (college)- my son is on Easter Break that week - he is in 8th grade.

Edited by Jack Suber

Mailed my application on Monday (from Birmingham, AL) and got my confirmation tonight.....LINDA is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randal

PS...L.C. thanks for ALL you do!!

There is no way in hell I would have ever volunteered to be MD if Linda was not around. She has it down to a science.

We met last night and she showed/explained me her system (databses, etc.) that she has spent years developing. A LOT of time and dedication went into this. What is always in her mind is that she wants to accomodate the shooters when ever possible. Above and beyond.

See you soon.

Edited by Jack Suber

Thanks for the nice notes. Like I told Nemo last year, for me, it's all about keeping it "personal." We're having a shooting match and a party & I get to see nearly 200 of my friends. :wub:

Those folks who tell you compliments don't work are lying :lol:

If you call the host hotel & are told they are full -- PLEASE remember to say you are with the SC State Match. The reason they are 'full' is because they are holding a large block of rooms for our group. I checked again today & there are rooms available.

Confirmations go out within 48 hours after I get your application & check. I try for 24 hours but sometimes my real job gets in the way.

I have had 2 cancellations in the class with Chris Tilley. If you are interested, please see the class page on the website and get back to me ASAP.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This will be only my 2nd time shooting the SC sectional, and if it's anything like the 1st time, it'll be a blast!

Oh yah, you know you won't be disapointed! I make it a priority to shoot this match, it's simply one of the best, period. Thanks in advance guys, can't wait to see everyone again on the range. :D

I missed it last year due to work, so I am really fired up about working my stage and shooting the match this year. That my wife will be joining me this year is a giant bonus!

Janice as a non-shooter: "You have too much ammo!"

Janice as a USPSA member: "You should buy a 650"

If you call the host hotel & are told they are full -- PLEASE remember to say you are with the SC State Match. The reason they are 'full' is because they are holding a large block of rooms for our group. I checked again today & there are rooms available.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda -- called today (the 800 number is eternally busy, btw) -- and had zero hassle booking a room and getting the match rate. Thx for setting this up.

BTW, is there online squadding for this match? I didn't see anything, so I'm thinking, no... Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Okay -- a few more applications on the way. Friday is full and only 4 slots left Saturday. I will be starting the waiting list by Wednesday. :ph34r:

The numbers are very different this year so far:

Limited = 67

Open = 44

Limited-10 = 35

Production = 29

Revolver = 12

Single Stack = 8

:)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Okay -- a few more applications on the way. Friday is full and only 4 slots left Saturday. I will be starting the waiting list by Wednesday. :ph34r:

The numbers are very different this year so far:

Limited = 67

Open = 44

Limited-10 = 35

Production = 29

Revolver = 12

Single Stack = 8

:)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda:

How many Super Seniors in:

Production?

Limited 10?

Thanks,

:wub:

Flyin40

Myrtle Beach should be nice - especially of you are coming from up North. Not quite warm enough for us southern boys. Better get your app in if you plan to shoot Saturday. Not sure about Spring Break (college)- my son is on Easter Break that week - he is in 8th grade.

Speaking as one of those folks from the north who will be coming down to shoot / tan..

What type of distance/drive time to the range should I expect if I stayed with the family in Myrtle Beach as compared to Florence? I will be taking the RV down and there are decent KOA's in both locations.. B)

I just need to figure which is closer to the range.

Thanks!