Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modifications to Production gun

eerw

...and I think that the extended slide release is a factory option on the other models (small frame).  I don't know that enough of them have been produced to meet the "production" limit.  Maybe a large law enforcement agency or two has ordered their department's Glocks with the extended slide release...maybe not.

My external modification would be to remove the extended and replace it with the standard size release.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt,

How does one go about documenting this for USPSA when I get challenged for having an extend mag release in Production?  Or, has someone already done this and it's a moot issue?

(This is almost too good to be true - since it would fix the one major functional compaint I have with my Glock.)

Thx,

Eric

It would be hard to document but if you order enough pistols (like an LE agency) you can get pretty much any combo of parts on the gun.  GSSF allows you to use any part ever available from Glock (including aftermarket) for thier Stock class.  If its good enough for GSSF it should be good enough for USPSA.

matt

Hey guys..

Maybe this will shed some light or add more confusion..but here is an email I got from Amidon on the  mag release issue..and specifically Glocks  

In a message dated 12/31/01 7:34:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,

stewart@gazette.com writes:

> Is an extend mag release specifically disallowed if it did not come that

> way from the factory

Yes.

Have a great 2002.

John

Hi Stewart,

I was going over some of my emails that were sent in response to questions

about equipment when I

noticed this one,  it appears that part of my message was deleted or I

just did not type the whole thing.

Anyway, I wanted to get to you with the complete answer.

Yes, extended mag releases are disallowed, but only after market products.

If it is a specific factory produced part, that is offered on another model of their gun, then it is legal to replace the part with the gun you have, with the part from a gun of a different model.

Example, a Glock model 17 does not come from the factory with an extended

mag release, but a model 35 does, both are legal in Production, so the interchange of the part is legal as well.

Sorry for any confusion and I hope that this explains things better for you.

DVC,

John

(Edited by eerw at 11:37 pm on Jan. 31, 2002)